VTO2301R-P AUDIO FEEDBACK ISSUES

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi I have the VTO2301R -P Dahua video doorbell and have had it for over a while now but recently noticed that when someone at the door speaks after a few seconds it causes audio feedback and echoing...has anyone had similar issue with this and can offer any advice to resolve? Thakns...

Reaction score
...it causes audio feedback and echoing...
You are hearing audio feedback, which means you are hearing it from some output. So which output is that? Is the feedback heard on the VTO/doorbell's speaker,
a VTH speaker, Blue Iris (computer speaker), NVR speaker, phone app?

Is this VTO connected via (UTP and POE) OR (WiFi and DC power supply)? If WiFi, you might consider that what you are hearing is not feedback (in the
traditional sense - meaning there is a direct audio link between and output and input which gets amplified in a loop), but rather an issue with the
digital audio being corrupted/out of sync/distorted from the nature of WiFi.

If it is connected via (UTP and POE) you might check the termination of the RJ45 connector at the VTO. I like my VTO's, but because the doorbell is
typically mounted plumb, the UTP has to make a 90 degree bend over an inch and a half if you connect it intuitively. It depends on the construction
of where you are trying to mount the VTO, but I tried to run the UTP at a 45 degree angle from the bottom to ease the strain/bend on the connector:

1690053835558.png

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
its installed via POE... whats strange is I didnt have this problem before when I first installed it... it worked fine...it developed later that when I would talk via my phone to someone on the doorbell cam via the dmss app that the echo/feedback started...not sure what changed to make it happen though @dmcIPCAM