Wall Bracket vs. Box

Kevin_Essiambre

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all,

I believe this is my first topic on here, so forgive me If this is in the wrong section or something.

I've secured a high end install at a high end home. I will be installing hikvision cameras, and have been thinking about the mounting of them.

I know I will need at least a junction box for the connectors on the cables, but I'm wondering if there's am advantage to using a wall mount bracket instead. I don't really see any advantages, as it would actually be a disadvantage for this job, as it'll stick out, and the owner wants them to not stand out.

But if like to hear some input on the two different options. I did a quick search and didn't find much.

The wall mount bracket is DS-1273ZJ-130(-TRL) and the junction box is DS-1280ZJ-DM8 (these are the ones compatible with the cameras that have been chosen.)

Thanks in advance, I look forward to your input!

P.S., does anyone know who an admin is on here? I just realized that my birthday is wrong on my profile and it's starting to bug me.

Last edited:

Dlohse

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you would be able to have to connection inside the bracket. I find brackets are better for domes so dust doesn't settle on top and cause problems at night.
I wouldn't bother with a junction box and just drill a 22mm hole to put the connection into that. The junction boxes are ugly and only really needed if needing entry via conduit.