Want to replace Swann NVM with Camcet , adivce?

ecsmba15

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

setup:
NVR NVR16-8000
  • Recorder: NVR16-8000
  • Cameras: NHD-880 (though the UI tells me it is NHD-850CAM)

What I want: the NVR SW is ok, fancy line crossing , email notification, high quality.. but the mobile app, while connects for live view on wifi and remote, is junk for anything else (see playback never works). the desktop app cannot connect to the NVR (I get timeout). so it is usless. unless my car is broken into and I will make the effort to go to the NVR station to get the footage, it is like having a brick burning energy in my closet. So I thought Camcet can be easy upgrade...

Problem: I need to verify it will work! they suggested I try to connect with VLC to the RTSP and prove I can, than surely Camcet will work. the problem is I am yet to be able to do it.

here is an album with images of the setup showing ip address etc' 9 new items by Hernan [Community: if anything in the images is sensitive and I should NOT share, please educate me and I will remove promptly, thank you!]

I tried VLC with few options, from forum posts and this site: Connect to Swann cameras but all failed:

Connection failed:

VLC could not connect to "172.16.1.10:554".

Connection failed:

VLC could not connect to "172.16.1.10:554".
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp:/<usr>:<pswd>@172.16.1.10/h264Preview_01_main'. Check the log for details.

I hope it is not something about port FW (since I am on the same wifi no?). I did NOT try to get a POE switch and connect a laptop to that so that it is hot wired to the cameras, but I assume being on same wifi should be the same?

Note: I have NVR hot wired to the Orbi router that is wired to the ATT modem. and my PC is on the wifi of the Orbi.

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong but to me it reads as,

cause

I have NVR hot wired to the Orbi router that is wired to the ATT modem. and my PC is on the wifi of the Orbi

effect

.. but the mobile app, while connects for live view on wifi and remote, is junk for anything else (see playback never works). the desktop app cannot connect to the NVR (I get timeout). so it is usless.

ecsmba15

n3wb
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong but to me it reads as,

cause

I have NVR hot wired to the Orbi router that is wired to the ATT modem. and my PC is on the wifi of the Orbi

effect

.. but the mobile app, while connects for live view on wifi and remote, is junk for anything else (see playback never works). the desktop app cannot connect to the NVR (I get timeout). so it is usless.
Hi Xplorer , unfortunately I don't understand your reply.

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your LAN is lacking, little reading in the threads and you'll quickly find what ya can do to make it and the hardware you have work better.

Start here,

IP Cam Talk Wiki