Want to share my live stream to UK relatives

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i have a Dahua ip cam with audio in a nest box. Using the TechPro app from security camera king with quickddns I can access my streams on my Apple mobile devices anywhere there is internet service.
If my relatives in the UK download the TechPro app and fill in the same settings as I have will it work for them or will they have to port forward too?

If this won’t work, what service would I use to help them access my stream?

Thanks,
Tubac

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
To answer your question: YOU already did the port forwarding on YOUR router to expose YOUR camera's to the internet, so not only your relatives from the UK but the whole world can watch your cams! (source: TechProSS Mobile Setup)

But please, do disable port forwarding per direct, disable Uupnp, as your cams might (or better: will) be hacked the sooner the later. I kindly advice you to implement any kind of VPN (openVPN is a good free one) to connect from your mobile and your relatives mobile from UK to your network, and only limit access to your cams by using that VPN tunnel.

If all this sounds chinese to you, inspire yourself by reading through the first posts of VPN Primer for Noobs

Good luck!
CC

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the advice!

I have a vpn proxy based in London and a Quick DDNS account that is active.
While it isn’t quite Chinese to me, it sure seems complicated.
I am in the Sonoran desert about 15 miles from the Mexican Border in Arizona.
I get about .7 megs up which isn’t enough according to the TechProSS article you referred me to.

So, again, if my relatives download the TechProSS app and use the same info as my TechProSS app, will it work?
I see that companies like AngelCam offer a service for my application-sharing a live stream . If all else fails, would that work for me? Or is there a better
way?

Tubac

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the advice!

I have a vpn proxy based in London and a Quick DDNS account that is active.
While it isn’t quite Chinese to me, it sure seems complicated.
I am in the Sonoran desert about 15 miles from the Mexican Border in Arizona.
I get about .7 megs up which isn’t enough according to the TechProSS article you referred me to.

So, again, if my relatives download the TechProSS app and use the same info as my TechProSS app, will it work?
I see that companies like AngelCam offer a service for my application-sharing a live stream . If all else fails, would that work for me? Or is there a better
way?
It might sound "complicated", but having to throw away cams which got hacked and abused by the whole internet, is avoidable.

If you already enabled port forwarding, then yes, it will work, but they will drag down your upload limits.

If it is nothing "fancy" or hypersecret, you might think of uploading a 480 stream to youtube, at least more than 1 people can watch your stream.

Not familiar with Angelcam etc, so cannot comment on it.