Want to use IVS but DM won't disable - Hack

Azman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a couple of Dahua IPC-HDW2231-ZE that just will not disable the MD. Everytime the camera restarts or changes profile it re-enables itself. I've used IE Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Pale Moon.......but they just will not persist.

Anyway, to get around it and for those that are having the same problem and want to use IVS instead of the simpler motion detection and all the false triggers that creates, I have "fixed" it in BI. By "fixed" I mean I've fenangled it in BI to ignore the MD events coming from the camera.

This is how I did it for those that are interested.

1. On the camera select Smart Plan - IVS and setup your IVS rules (eg. intrusion boxes and tripwires).
2. In the camera settings in BI (Trigger) - Unselect Motion Sensor and Select ONVIF/camera events

1726200902512.png

3. Select "Configure" Motion sensor and make sure "object detection" and "use zones and hot spot" are unselected

1726201766006.png

4. Select "Configure" ONVIF/camera events and disable the following "events" that BI listens for

1726201886570.png
1726201923724.png

Seems to be working a treat at the moment. I've been monitoring it while I work from home the last few days and I don't think I've got a false trigger or missed a real one yet. Very happy with it.

Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers,
Aaron

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
It's BI that re-enables the camera motion detection, for reasons I do not understand. It has been this way for years. I've disabled the camera motion detection by setting clearing the entire detection area in the camera.

Azman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've disabled the camera motion detection by setting clearing the entire detection area in the camera.
I've tried that as well but no dice for me........it always gets re-enabled (just for these 2231 cams), hence why I've had to resort to disabling events in BI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if I would consider it a hack per say, rather it is making BI more efficient (as long as you remember you did it LOL if you ever change a trigger option).

Once that option above became available, I turned off/disabled any option there I am not using. No sense having BI listen for something the camera isn't sending. That is bound to cause an issue or delay at some point.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Besides enabling motion on reboots and restarts, my 2231's also revert back to as-received defaults for FPS (40, I think) and bitrate type (VBR) (both main-and sub-stream).
I got so tired of this that I run Task Scheduler tasks every 5-15 minutes to check the current values, and restore them if necessary.

This is yet another thing that I use Pushover notifications for:

pushover_dh_md_check.jpg pushover_dh_bitrate_type_check.jpg

Last edited: