Wanting to move to Win11 but not sure with Dahua

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for some insight from other Dahua users, I'm an owner of multiple Dahua IP Cameras that i been really happy, but i have reached a dilemma where maybe other Dahua users can tell me if there is a solution for my issue.

Dahua, as many other IP Cameras, use plug ins that don't work on chrome/mozilla (unless you use very old versions), I'm about to upgrade my main PC to Alder lake i9 12900k, but will require me to move to windows 11, thus losing Internet Explorer.

How are you Win11 users entering the setup of your Dahua cameras to configure it or even if you want to see just the live stream, instead of opening BI or any other 3rd party software, if you just want to open a window with the live feed? I usually just chill gaming all nights with multiple monitors having a couple of my cameras displaying on another monitor, i want to keep this functionality, but not sure how with windows 11.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
On my BI pc, BI opens my camera GUI via Microsoft edge. Only way I can do it because my cameras are on a separate network Poe switch with no internet on it.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Pale Moon 32-bit browser?

I've not tried it with 11 yet.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On my BI server, I turned on Hyper-V and have a separate Windows 10 virtual machine for connecting directly to the my cameras using Internet Explorer. After I am done, I shut down the VM and restore it back to a previous clean checkpoint so if anything was done to the VM it is gone.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Not tried it myself but Edge in W11 can be run in compatibility mode which will run the site in IE11 mode, the article seems to suggest that addons should work, not too sure about plugins?

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

I've not tried it with 11 yet.
That's what I ended up doing.

Installing Win11 over Win10 went without any problems, I have done it on 2 of my computers so far. It does take a little getting use to the new GUI - task bar only at the bottom of the screen (I usually put my on the left) you can't have separate icons for more than one instance of something running, that kind of a thing

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Good to know that it still works with 11. Been wondering whether it would or not. Works better than IE for me for some cams.

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks all for your comments,

This works for me...
Thanks for sharing the link, i tried something similar around mid year and didn't work, i tried it again today and it seems to work on my Win10 pc, now im going to do dummy win11 pc to see if it works.

Not sure how you make it work, i just downloaded Palemoon on my win10 pc, installed it and tried to access a my dahua cams with ip and got the msg "The browser does not support plugins. Images cannot be display properly. Please user lower version browser such as IE, Chrome under 42 and Firefox under 52."

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure how you make it work, i just downloaded Palemoon on my win10 pc, installed it and tried to access a my dahua cams with ip and got the msg "The browser does not support plugins. Images cannot be display properly. Please user lower version browser such as IE, Chrome under 42 and Firefox under 52."
Yes, it can vary depending on cam/firmware. Never can tell what it wants until you try whatever combination. Then I'm never all that surprised either when I can't do something like drawing tripwires.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I made the mistake of straying to the Win11 forum and came across a thread I'm done with 11 and started reading it. I have been running Win11 since Oct 18th and have to agree with a lot of the negative comments, so on my main computer, I am going back to Win10. Fortunately I made a full Acronis Image before the change, so it will be easy to revert. Win11 works and runs fine, it's just not for me...

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I assemble a quick setup on my test bench with i9 9900k + Gigabyte Z390 + formatted with Win11Pro, and tested the compatibility mode of Internet Explorer loading on Microsoft Edge (as per jack7 link), and it works great, downloads and allows the installation of the plugins that each of my Dahua cameras asks, i had no issues at all.

I also tried Mozilla Firefox 51, so I have a fail safe in case down the road Microsoft removes this compatibility modes of IE/Edge, and for the most part it works, but not as good as Edge, it always changes to the second stream 10 sec after logging on, and one of my 9 cameras didn't load the plugin saying it was corrupted, all in all its just a fail safe for me, so its fine, just in case I need it.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score