Warehouse install

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to organize the cameras (D1-D26)on the nvr other than unplug each camera from port? I know uniview NVR’s had a page you could do this on.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you can just drag the cameras around in the 'preview' page to organize them as you like...

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I just stumbled on ePoE at Cisco's site looking for info. Is it adopted widely now thru the industry wide now or proprietary?
I could have used regular Poe cams and placed a poe switch at 350 ft, but it’s a metal fab shop with metal filings/dust floating around in the air. Call me old school, but I Like to keep things simple and wire everything direct to eliminate anything that could fail in between.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow, nice setup. Good to see someone that designs the system first, rather then by hit and miss.
Thanks, it’s always the biggest challenge to plan/place cameras in the right spot, but in this case my Uncle’s manager had a general plan on what he wanted to specifically keep an eye on. So it was just a Matter of playing Around with the software to get exact Camera placement/ simulation, presenting it and getting the approval.

I should also add that I couldn’t have done it without ipcamtalk.com and all the great info that it’s members share here.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Lol, I had no idea until I looked up 'rack' on Urban Dictionary :rofl: Ad-blocked disabled revealed much more than I needed to know, lol
I must ask this Question now, How Old are you if you don't mind me asking, The Saying "A nice Rack" has been in my vocabulary since I was a Kid. I'm in My Later Mid 50's.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its shooting internet to another one just like it in a building that is 1KM away.
Can you provide more details?
do you need line of sight?
Is it reliable? Speed? latency? interferences?
I probably may need something similar but for less than 1 KM....
I know cables are prefred for low distances, but ,I cannot break the floor tiles...

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you provide more details?
do you need line of sight?
Is it reliable? Speed? latency? interferences?
I probably may need something similar but for less than 1 KM....
I know cables are prefred for low distances, but ,I cannot break the floor tiles...
I did not install it, the internet/network IT guy did. But I do know I requested it to be installed in order to remotely view 5 x 2MP 2231 cameras on a NVR4108 in the hoop house goat barn you see in pic. Runs very stable to view the 5 cameras any time. (high speed fiber optic internet in main building)
goatbarn.jpg

this is looking at the back side of hoop house from the main building.
goatsinside.jpg
This is looking at the front side of hoop house.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you setup some notifications for fire alarm? Or motion detection in days nobody should be there?