Warning "No operation authority" when trying to open IVS channel cfg and couple of NVR questions

Bl4ckviper

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I got an Dahua NVR5208-8P-4KS2E wit software version: 3.216.0000003.0 build 2018-12-11 firmware.
I use Smart PSS (Windows) version 2.02.0

When I try to open IVS channel cfg (right click on a cam) I get a popup with a Warning (No operation authority!)

How can i fix this? I log in with an admin account.

Also i am not sure we're i can change my IR settings on de cams (directly this is possible) and schedule for day and night mode can't find it anywhere.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Put your camera IP and not the NVR IP in the device list and you will be able to config via smart PSS

Bl4ckviper

n3wb
Reaction score
Put your camera IP and not the NVR IP in the device list and you will be able to config via smart PSS
That won't work because the cams are directly hooked up the NVR. It doesn't even works when I connect my laptop to the nvr. Only 1 camera is reachable by clicking the IE link (ip_nvr:10080) Looks like this cam has an remote port 2. While the others have remote port (37777) but they are not reachable.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes sorry, I didn't see you were using the 8P.

That's why I never liked the POE NVR's because it makes it's own IP addresses. Not like a regular POE switch where you can set the IP's of each camera.

Someone here may know how to change the IP addresses on the cameras for POE NVR's...if even possible..

Reaction score
I know this is old news to you by now, but for the sake of another newb like me...

Add the camera using the DVR ip, and the camera port number.

This is the same address as when you log into the camera from the dvr (camera/registration/added device/web browse.)

Now I just need to figure out how all the IVS stuff works...

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1) Does the camera support IVS to begin with?

2) Are you sure it is the default 'admin' account?

3) Upgrade the firmware please? You are at least 4 versions behind...