Was able to snag a Nexar (or is it Scosche?) NEXS1 this week....

Reaction score
Gots lucky at a local Amazon return auction. Snagged new in box NEXS1 dash camera for $20. Never had a dash camera before. I guess all this home camera stuff I've been doing this last year somehow migrated over to my vehicle :)
It's only a forward facing camera, not dual camera for rearward recording.
Has the Sony Starvis lens with 1080p recording (so called "superb" night time recording).
Able to record violent vehicle shakes (as if being hit) when in park mode.
Able to record sound.
After each trip, it sends video to their cloud server. I don't like this but do not think any way around this to record to local NAS or such. There is no at home WiFi to download videos directly.
Wifi between camera and smartphone. I don't like this. Yet, another foreign country app on my phone. Gots the DJI app for drone flying but that will be migrating over to my ASUS Zenpad. I could opt to simply not use any smartphone and it will auto-record on the 128GB card (website says 64 but they up'd it) and loop record directly to it. Hmm...wonder if can use the Zenpad for this app as well. Just means I'd have to lug the tablet around for driving purposes.
140 degree lens angle.

Dash Camera users.. do you folk record the sound on or keep it off? I'm always listening to music or audio books.