Watch multiple cams from recliner.

Tackle

n3wb
Reaction score
New here. New to cameras. Ordered a Ankke I61dr to monitor my garage. Plan on buying 3 poe outside cameras shortly. Mounting and running cat5e or 6 to a switch and my AP is no problem. I've read the cliff notes doc.

I am buying a TV and long HDMI cable to hook up to a spare computer purposefully to run security software.

What I want to be able to do is watch TV in my living room and monitor my cameras via a second TV below the first that will connect via HDMI or another device (Chromecast) to the spare computer. I want it to switch between cameras every 10 seconds or so while recording each individually continuously.

How do I do this? What software do I need? Does blue Iris do this once I add the cameras? Is HDMI fine or is there a WiFi solution? I work in IT and am very tech savvy.

Any tips or ideas?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can go 2 paths:
1. HDMI splitter, extender over Cat-6/7 STP, matrix splitter/switch/extender. Monoprice has a good variety of these. Like this one for example: Blackbird 4K 4x4 HDMI Matrix Extender with 4 Receivers, PoC, IR, EDID - Monoprice.com there are other other options that use HDMI cables that are less.

2. Another PC, Fire TV, Nvidia Shield, android stick/cubox, etc. Some devices like roku have poor support for security cams. A device that has a wired network connection will perform the best. Software options include: TinyCam Pro, Blue Iris mobile, gDMSS (dahua cams), ivms (hikvision, hik makes annke)...

Last edited:

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Doing exactly that from ipad hik ivms4500 app..
All wired and seperate computer running ivms4200 pcnvr to record as needed and micro sd in all for backup