Watchdog probmems

Eric Bernhardt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the last several weeks I've been getting a lot, I mean A LOT, of false positives that my server(s) are not responding. I watch about 10 servers or so through the Watchdog service and I get a half dozen notifications, then subsequent emails, that they aren't responding, then I check them and they're fine, then I get a half dozen notifications/emails that it's back up. So over the course of about 2 minutes I get over 2 dozen notifications/e.ails about 3-4 times a day. Anyone else getting this?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It almost never alerts me at all. Which as far as I know means it is operating correctly for me.

I'm only monitoring one server with it, and my ISP is quite stable these last several years.

Eric Bernhardt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It almost never alerts me at all. Which as far as I know means it is operating correctly for me.

I'm only monitoring one server with it, and my ISP is quite stable these last several years.
I monitor 8 servers. It seems a bit random, but they all give me Watchdog notifications that they are off for a few minutes, then back on. But when I get the notification that they're off, I check them and they're still on. So it's a problem with the watchdog service

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I only monitor one location, and so far the two months I've used it, its been very accurate.
Could be your internet connection drop briefly.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Mike, how frequently does the watchdog service poll the specified server? I just started using Uptime Watchdog this week and it's working great. I noticed I get an email when my server goes down for a reboot, and another after it's back up, so it must be at least every minute or so? Thanks!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@Mike, how frequently does the watchdog service poll the specified server? I just started using Uptime Watchdog this week and it's working great. I noticed I get an email when my server goes down for a reboot, and another after it's back up, so it must be at least every minute or so? Thanks!
Glad its working for you! It's about every 60 seconds or so :D