Watchdog settings?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'd like to start using this setting for each camera since occasionally I have a camera go offline for some reason. I'd like to hear from some of you who are using this and what settings you settled on. Thanks!

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What's up with the cameras going offline? I'd look into that some more
Yeah, I agree. Anytime they are off-line in the console, I’m able to connect to them no problem via a web browser. Obviously, something within BI, but I really don’t know how to troubleshoot it.

nickh66

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to start using this setting for each camera since occasionally I have a camera go offline for some reason. I'd like to hear from some of you who are using this and what settings you settled on. Thanks!
Hi,

These are the settings i settled on for my cameras.

1626481206974.png1626481250241.png
First image is for basic settings & the second image is the mqtt action that takes place for 'loss of signal'. For the 'on signal restoration' action the only difference is the 'post/payload' value is 'on' instead of 'off'. Depending on your use case you can play with the timout values. For me these settings don't result in an alert if the BI server shutsdown or restarts for any reason, like software update.

For me these settings work well. I have some automations setup in my Home Assistant system to alert me if the cameras go offline.

Also, just to note, the watchdog does not help to idenfity if the camera is disabled or paused.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi,

These are the settings i settled on for my cameras.

View attachment 95400View attachment 95401
First image is for basic settings & the second image is the mqtt action that takes place for 'loss of signal'. For the 'on signal restoration' action the only difference is the 'post/payload' value is 'on' instead of 'off'. Depending on your use case you can play with the timout values. For me these settings don't result in an alert if the BI server shutsdown or restarts for any reason, like software update.

For me these settings work well. I have some automations setup in my Home Assistant system to alert me if the cameras go offline.

Also, just to note, the watchdog does not help to idenfity if the camera is disabled or paused.
What's the reason why you don't use "Restart camera window after"?

nickh66

n3wb
Reaction score
What's the reason why you don't use "Restart camera window after"?
Hi,
So far in my environment i have not yet found a need to implement that feature. I figured that it's mostly likely that any issue with 'loss of signal' is probably more serious than a potential camera restart might help with. That's not to say i wont implement that feature in the future. I find myself regularly tinkering with various settings, but for now i have not felt the need for that particular one.