Watchnet NVR connecting to Home Assistant problems

Reaction score

this is Your NVR ip address?

100% no...

this ip address is incorrect (you can't connect to something like this)...

and two / after rtsp: are missing in this errors..

Reaction score

this is Your NVR ip address?

100% no...

this ip address is incorrect (you can't connect to something like this)...

and two / after rtsp: are missing in this errors..
no i just added the 0.000 Everytime I add 2 / and save the post it keeps removing a /. Not sure why but log is showing 2

Reaction score
Thanks for your patience and help. Ive been messing around with this for 3 days trying to figure it out.

Reaction score
rtsp:/user:password@192.168.0.000:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp:/user:password@192.168.0.000:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1'. Check the log for details.

live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp:/192.168.0.000:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
No you don't...
non stop You tried to use 192.168.0.000

Reaction score
OK, if you put correct ip, then this error means that VLC can't connect to this ip and port number using rtsp connection...

some strange firewall on computer or network?

does Your computer have local ip address in 192.168.1.xxx segment?

live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp:/192.168.0.000:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

Reaction score
OK, if you put correct ip, then this error means that VLC can't connect to this ip and port number using rtsp connection...

some strange firewall on computer or network?

does Your computer have local ip address in 192.168.1.xxx segment?
I have Nordvpn but have it turned off when trying this. yes that is they type of IP showing on my pc

Reaction score
Did you tried to enable some security settings / enhancements in NVR configuration in the past?

You can try reboot NVR and after web service will come back, check one more time with VLC putting correct RTSP url with correct ip address..

if this will not help, then Your NVR have RTSP somehow blocked (ask seller about this functionality) or You doing something wrong not showing here that..

Reaction score
You can try to find, maybe in old NVR interface (I don't have access) somewhere in network or security settings there is checkbox which disable/enable RTSP service..

Reaction score
Did you tried to enable some security settings / enhancements in NVR configuration in the past?

You can try reboot NVR and after web service will come back, check one more time with VLC putting correct RTSP url with correct ip address..

if this will not help, then Your NVR have RTSP somehow blocked (ask seller about this functionality) or You doing something wrong not showing here that..
"Did you tried to enable some security settings / enhancements in NVR configuration in the past?" Not that im aware of but will check.
"You can try reboot NVR and after web service will come back, check one more time with VLC putting correct RTSP url with correct ip address.." I will give that a try.

Reaction score
You can try to find, maybe in old NVR interface (I don't have access) somewhere in network or security settings there is checkbox which disable/enable RTSP service..
That is what I was wondering also but nothing that I could see in the settings, stood out.
Thanks again for your help

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can list the private LAN IP addresses as it does not tell anyone anything - they are the same as everyone else. The IP address of your service provider for your WAN is what you don't provide...Everything on the inside past the modem is fine to put out. Everything on the inside, the local LAN will fall under these ranges and you are not telling anyone anything about how to hack your system because these ranges are reserved for the "home side" of the service so every home internally will be within this same range):

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

Reaction score
I might be on to something. I checked the log of the NVR and it showed my home assistant IP logged in logged, out logged in, logged out, all within a second as I tried to log in to the NVR with Home assistant (which is installed on my NAS) but still failed to show a connection in HA. Then when I tried with VLC the log on the NVR showed my PC IP logging in then logging out but no connection.
So it appears that IP, port setting, username and password must be working but no connections.