water proofing cat7 rj45 connectors/ Dahua junction box/ thick cat7 cables

Hazza06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The reason is that it's a new house. The electrician was not thinking about the current needs only. Before you install wiring through all of the walls and for the outside walls, you make sure they'd be good for the current needs as well as future needs (at least as much as you can think of today) and hope for the best.
The new red Category 7 were also the best cables for external use.
only an inexperienced sparky would fail to consider the very well known interoperability / compatibility issues of cat7 physically connecting with cat5/5e/6... CPE, like today's IPC and everything else. I can't see future generations of IPC needing anything more then 100Mbps FDX anyway, even 8K / 12MP etc...

IMO Cat6 will be good for a very long time yet in many/most SOHO environments....and far more economical and easy/versatile to install

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
IMO Cat6 will be good for a very long time yet in many/most SOHO environments...
your opinion doesn't count. it's not like you're a smart guru.
plus, if you used cat6 and cat7, you knew that the same thinness problems apply for both.

Hazza06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
your opinion doesn't count. it's not like you're a smart guru.
plus, if you used cat6 and cat7, you knew that the same thinness problems apply for both.
Haha, I used cat6 for all my cabling, and connected to the Dahua waterproof tubing, and inside Dahua junction box, ...all snug and installed with zero issues....i already knew cat7 is a waste of time + money, i discounted cat7 long before my IPC install...

you do realize that even 4K IPC only have 100BASE‑TX interfaces, and most IPC don't do more than 15Mbps of video stream anyway...

Last edited: