Watercolor effect

MrGlasspoole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To me the Dahua looks sharper and in better focus, same with the trees. The Ubiquity seems slightly out of focus.

JackNg

n3wb
Reaction score
To put things into some context. what kind of spec. are two cameras that you're comparing ?
Ubiquiti's UVC Micro?? vs Dahua's IPC-xxx ??

MrGlasspoole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IPC-HDW5231R-Z vs UVC 3G

But the topic is not which one is better. Its more about the watercolor effect on those cams (surveillance cams).

But i just realized that all the colors look funny on the UVC.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Dahua looks very good to me. The u, not so much.
What you are seeing will depend on the monitor you are using and how it is calibrated.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would agree that the Dahua looks better. However you might want to try turning down the noise reduction on the dahua a little and possibly turning on WDR at a relatively low setting.

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As tangent mentioned, this is probably caused by a high WDR setting. When I started using Dahua cams, I discovered that WDR is a very useful feature. It solves high contrast issues where other cameras produced poor images.
But -as with most settings- set it too high and you get strange results, in this case unrealistic colors. In my experience it's ok to set it to 40 max, although it varies a bit with the different cam models I have.

I have one camera that has to deal with high brightness and shadow situations. I set WDR to 60, the image is good and I accept that the colors a bit faded.