Way to manually record all cameras?

tmar89

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for the correct way to manually start a recording for all cameras and end it when I want to. I can click the manual record button now for each camera individually, but is there a proper way to do it for all? The only way I've been able to get it working is to put all the cameras into a camera group and then set the cameras to trigger the group and do a manual trigger then hit the traffic light to red to stop. I also set the trigger expiration to 9999. Would this be the best way to do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't know if it is better or not, but what I have done is set a profile for each camera to continuous record. Then when I manually select that profile, all of the cameras start recording. When I want to stop recording, I let the profile go back to default. To lock the profile, click twice. To release the profile click the circular arrow.

tmar89

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't know if it is better or not, but what I have done is set a profile for each camera to continuous record. Then when I manually select that profile, all of the cameras start recording. When I want to stop recording, I let the profile go back to default. To lock the profile, click twice. To release the profile click the circular arrow.
I like this method better! Thanks for the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
can someone help me with this? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to manually be able to change a profile and then have the cameras recording...
What part are you having trouble with?