Wd EX2 nas, Cisco SG-300 10mmp switch

Reaction score
What kind of camera system is good to use with this NAS? I intend to use and possibly set up the NAS as an NVR if possible,, the switch that I have is a Cisco SG-300 10mmp.

Any help would be great,, this is my alpha stage on research, I intend on purchasing a minimum of 4 cameras by the end of the year..

Thanks,

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good switch, here are my thoughts... Mr. Fenderman is fond of cheap "dedicated" PC's from the dell outlet store. I'm using a scrap I5 with 4 analog cams and two 3mp all recording constant at 26% CPU. I just bought an HP 2600 poe switch off off EBAY for $11.50 + shipping, Paid $52.00 for a Axis 7014 encoder from E-bay and kept using my old analog cameras I installed years ago. Bought a couple of Dahua 3MP cameras and I'm on my way to much better coverage then I ever had before at home with Blue Iris. It's better then any Chinese DVR/NVR and in the long run will save you money, be able to easily upgrade, and you will be happier.

Look at this thread.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5998-Need-new-computer-for-Blue-Iris-v4

Last edited by a moderator: