WD Purple 10TB

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
good hopefully 6tb and 8tb drop in price some as 10tb ramps up
according to TFA it's already happened, 8TB seems to be the sweet spot now in price per TB
Meanwhile, it is interesting to note that recently Western Digital cut down the price of its WD Purple 8 TB HDD by 30% and it can now be acquired for $281.99 from Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jasauders

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
...was literally beginning to shop around for a 4TB to bump up from my 2TB drive. Kind of astonishing I managed to stay on 2TB storage with 7 (soon to be 8) 3MP/10FPS/247 recording for as long as I have.

I don't need to upgrade quite yet. I might pump the brakes and see how prices sift out in the coming weeks. Thanks for the post. :D

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cheapest for me is still 3TB. Only have 3 cameras at the moment. Once prices drop more I may get a second drive.
Anyone knows if these drives are ok to mount vertically (whole NVR flat on a vertical wall)?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
tha'll be fine as long as the wall dont move if someone slams a door or something.. thats the biggest issue with wall mounting spinning platters, they pickup too much vibrations.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Racks and Cabinets are best sitting or even bolted onto foundation level floors..

working in a skyrise I'd cringe when a big lard ass walked by and made the floor shake, knew they were largely to blame for the big $100+k storage array that was constantly shitting disks 10ft behind my desk, heh..

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I saw they make racks for trucks etc. Its got some balancing mechs on springs =)