WD Readyview help

Reaction score
:banghead: I’m hoping someone can help. Purchased 2 WDReadyview systems ( wanted to make (1) 8 cam sys and was cheaper to buy 2 whole sets) started out OK, set it up just direct connected to NVR. Remote access from app was good. 1st round only had 3 cams up but had 4 link lights on NVR ports 1-4. Started switching cams and ports around to see if port or cam was bad. Now I have 4 link lights on NVR and no videos. My viewing table shows “no link” on all channels. Round 2 wiped NVR started over. Get 4 link lights, app works, “no link” on view table/screen. This is a POE sys, no “reset” button on cams. WD tech support was no help, they make you contact Microcenter. Microcenter support says wipe, redo... I say ok and then I tell them no cams come up, they say hard restart.... I say ok and again no cams come up. Then they say return to store! I tried both NVRs, I have the same outcome. I am extremely aggravated, disappointed, completely let down by WD and Microcenter. I then went back to Microcenter and talked with service desk tech, he said contact WD as they don’t work on the IP cam sys and thus my circle jerk continues. I researched on line and if I see one more time “easiest sys to set up” I may explode. I have tried factory reset/redo many times...sometimes after factory reset I will get (1) cam to come up now, but still the other 3 say no link on view table, I do have 4 link lights on NVR ports 1-4 per usual. I do connect NVR direct to router, I connect cams to NVR ports 1-4, I startup NVR, I navigate NVR via mouse and monitor, I select dhcp, and pretty much continue to get same results. Hoping someone somewhere will see this and give me the solution...... I fear it will be “return to store”

I appreciate any advice. Thank you- Brian

Reaction score
I should note- I understand physical layer cable connections ect but I do not get into IP settings and things. I could set IP settings to static info if needed but I do not understand what/why that does wt is does. Hopefully that makes sense

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Big Box store kits are usually underpowered and like most, you will scrap it for a better system after the first incident happens and your footage is garbage. Save the money and return it and get something better LOL.

Can you get a picture if you have just one camera on the screen? If so, sounds like the NVR is not allowing multiview playback unless you go in and select substreams in cameras first...and then because the NVR is so underpowered, the picture quality will be crap because they downrez it so bad because of bandwidth issues.

Do a search here for the problems with kit systems, regardless of who makes them, tend to be underpowered and limit bandwidth, put in cheap 4K cameras on a 1/3" sensor that a 2MP camera on the same sensor will absolutely blow away the quality of the 4K camera, and they tend to put in 2.8mm cameras that unless the person is within 10 feet of the camera, you will not be able to IDENTIFY a stranger or provide useful video to the police.

Reaction score
Big Box store kits are usually underpowered and like most, you will scrap it for a better system after the first incident happens and your footage is garbage. Save the money and return it and get something better LOL.

Can you get a picture if you have just one camera on the screen? If so, sounds like the NVR is not allowing multiview playback unless you go in and select substreams in cameras first...and then because the NVR is so underpowered, the picture quality will be crap because they downrez it so bad because of bandwidth issues.

Do a search here for the problems with kit systems, regardless of who makes them, tend to be underpowered and limit bandwidth, put in cheap 4K cameras on a 1/3" sensor that a 2MP camera on the same sensor will absolutely blow away the quality of the 4K camera, and they tend to put in 2.8mm cameras that unless the person is within 10 feet of the camera, you will not be able to IDENTIFY a stranger or provide useful video to the police.
Ty for your reply. I have searched the NVR options and do not see an option for single view vs multi view. I had an Amazon buy Annke 4channel kit that I loved but the HD died. I wanted more channels so I thought I would upgrade to this WDReadyview. I will stick with a kit sys as it fits my needs. Might end up replacing my Annke HD to get back live and also get another 4 channel kit and use them both. I dunno

Reaction score
:banghead: I’m hoping someone can help. Purchased 2 WDReadyview systems ( wanted to make (1) 8 cam sys and was cheaper to buy 2 whole sets) started out OK, set it up just direct connected to NVR. Remote access from app was good. 1st round only had 3 cams up but had 4 link lights on NVR ports 1-4. Started switching cams and ports around to see if port or cam was bad. Now I have 4 link lights on NVR and no videos. My viewing table shows “no link” on all channels. Round 2 wiped NVR started over. Get 4 link lights, app works, “no link” on view table/screen. This is a POE sys, no “reset” button on cams. WD tech support was no help, they make you contact Microcenter. Microcenter support says wipe, redo... I say ok and then I tell them no cams come up, they say hard restart.... I say ok and again no cams come up. Then they say return to store! I tried both NVRs, I have the same outcome. I am extremely aggravated, disappointed, completely let down by WD and Microcenter. I then went back to Microcenter and talked with service desk tech, he said contact WD as they don’t work on the IP cam sys and thus my circle jerk continues. I researched on line and if I see one more time “easiest sys to set up” I may explode. I have tried factory reset/redo many times...sometimes after factory reset I will get (1) cam to come up now, but still the other 3 say no link on view table, I do have 4 link lights on NVR ports 1-4 per usual. I do connect NVR direct to router, I connect cams to NVR ports 1-4, I startup NVR, I navigate NVR via mouse and monitor, I select dhcp, and pretty much continue to get same results. Hoping someone somewhere will see this and give me the solution...... I fear it will be “return to store”

I appreciate any advice. Thank you- Brian
Ended up returning both Readview systems. It shouldn’t be that hard to get them going. Found a couple other reviews online that had the same issue..... move ports on the cameras and they never comeback online regardless of wiping/resetting everything.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Smart move. Even if you got it going, you would want to return them after the return period ended!