WD store coupon

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a coupon for 20% off at Western Digital that I do not need and am offering it to the first person who expresses interest. It is a one time code and I don't believe it is attached to my WD store account but YMMV.

I get nothing out of this and am not guaranteeing anything other than the chance it may get you 20% off.

I needed a new Purple hard drive and found the WD store to be the least expensive after the discount but do your homework first to make sure this is the best deal for you.

The coupon expires on August 30 so please only take it if you are definitely ready to purchase, otherwise let someone else have it that could really use it.

Here is a link to the most likely product for this crowd but I believe the coupon works for anything at the store, again YMMV.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dang I just bought a 10tb today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is not uncommon for Amazon to price-match other sites' coupon/sale prices. I can't tell you how many times I've seen an item on Newegg with a new coupon for $x off and I look at Amazon's listing and notice the price went down to match it that same morning.

By the way, you can usually google for coupon codes for various sites. https://www.retailmenot.com/view/wd.com (note that most coupon sharing sites like this are really bad about showing expired coupons)

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Am I missing something.

256mb 8TB is $266 - 20% = $212.80 - on amazon it is $212 with prime:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CYBNZKG
As I said in the original post "...do your homework to make sure this is the best deal for you."

I chose to purchase the 7200 RPM model which, for whatever reason, was/is still less expensive than the 5400 RPM model, so after the discount the drive *I* purchased (8 TB 7200 RPM Purple) was 195.99 after applying 20% coupon. Even after adding in sales tax the price was less than any place else I checked.

Here is an Amazon link to the model I purchased.

So, yes, I would say you are missing something. :)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I said in the original post "...do your homework to make sure this is the best deal for you."

I chose to purchase the 7200 RPM model which, for whatever reason, was/is still less expensive than the 5400 RPM model, so after the discount the drive *I* purchased (8 TB 7200 RPM Purple) was 195.99 after applying 20% coupon. Even after adding in sales tax the price was less than any place else I checked.

Here is an Amazon link to the model I purchased.

So, yes, I would say you are missing something. :)
I only wanted to share/post in case others are seeing this to know the price is the same on Amazon for 5200 RPM.

You get no real benefit with 7200RPM and actually a bit worse in my opinion: Higher failure rate and they are louder.

I have a 10TB Purple 7200 RPM and feel the 5200 RPM is better.

@bp2008 yes it seems all the prices are discounted on amazon for the purple. Even the 7200 RPM option.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would pick the lower RPM too if the price wasn't drastically higher. I suspect it would be more efficient too (less power/heat).

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
...You get no real benefit with 7200RPM and actually a bit worse in my opinion: Higher failure rate and they are louder...
Not according to the WD spec sheet for the 8TB drive I purchased.
  • Slightly better sustained transfer rate
  • 50% longer MTBF
  • 1 order of magnitude fewer read errors
  • Double the annualized workload rating
  • Exact same dB ratings
  • Updated firmware features (added AllFrame AI )
  • Forgot the most important difference...Cheaper!
WD spec sheet.png