weather proof external microphone recommendations?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read a very good review for the Microseven microphone, but it's a pretty dated review. I also read a good review for the Hikvision DS-2FP2020. Are there any other ones to consider? How does the Microseven compare against the Hikvision? I had the impression that the Hikvision is more omnidirectional than the Microseven based on they way they look, but maybe that's not true? Maybe inside the Hikvision's multi-hole plastic housing it's just a single hole like the Microseven?

Microseven

Hikvision

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Using a Micorseven on the side of the house for the past year in rain and snow with no issues. The mic hole is pointed down so that water can not enter from that direction. Place the connector in a box for weather protection.

House-Mounted-Cameras.jpg

The plastic box is 4x4x2 which houses all of the connections. The mic is powered from a 12 VDC wall wart. The cameras are all POE at 48 VDC. The mic will run on a DC voltage from 6 VDC (poor performance - comes alive at 9 VDC) to 20 VDC. Current needs in the range of 1 milliamp. The audio out from the mic is run into the top right camera.

Last edited: