Web Browser can just access SubStream from NVR

Bosi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

I recently got a Hikvision NVR 6404 which I access via IP from my firefox browser.

The live view unfortunately just works with a sub stream and other functions like events I can't use as I can't see the stream, just a black field.

I don't have a problem with the Android software to access it, or direct via the NVR and a HDMI connection to my tv.

How can I solve this, as I prefer the web browser to control it please ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P and here is what I do when I live view from a Firefox web browser: hover the mouse to the area that lists all the cameras (see image). For each camera, a popup window allows you to select either Main Stream of Sub Stream. Select the stream you like then press the "start all live view" arrow button (in my case at the bottom of the window). Beware that when I select Main stream, I have to ensure the other cameras are NOT transmitting because it chokes my Internet uplinK bandwidth (limited to 5 mbps). Do you know how to disable a camera from transmitting?

-S
IMG_5210m.JPG

Bosi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Schmark. Thank you for your help.

I actually access them from my home network, via direct IP from the NVR. I tried to change the Streams as you showed already, but when I try to see the main stream I don't get any picture. just from the sub streams. The problem is that I can't change any alerts etc, as it seems they need to get the main stream, which I somehow can't get on the browser. All fine with the nvr direct connected to the tv via hdmi?

Any other ideas maybe?

Cheers

Manni

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Manni,

When you say "via direct IP", do you mean from a location outside your home using Internet? If so, what is your uplink cap? I ask because your NVR will use that uplink bandwidth to stream data outside your house. In my case, I can barely view one camera's maim stream and if I let all my cameras broadcast their mainstreams, I do not get video at all (except perhaps from one camera). So this seems similar to your situation. Have you tried to limit your cameras/NVR to only **ONE** main stream?

-S

Bosi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Schmark.

Sorry, I meant to say from within the home network, so it should be fast enough i would think. But I will have a look and limit the main stream too, lets see if that is already a solution.

Karey Watson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you ever find a resolution for this issue, Bosi? In my search I found your thread whilst having identical issues.