Web interface and ivms4200 issues

Reaction score
I was using port forwarding to access the web interface on a DS-7716NI-M4 / 16P on a remote PC. I installed the LocalServiceComponents and despite the "Deceptive site ahead" warning from chrome it was working fine.

I have a 15 year old label printer and installed this on my PC. This could be a red herring but possibly after this the "Local" section is missing in the web interface and I cannot view the cameras.

I uninstalled and reinstalled LocalServiceComponents however the local tab will not reappear and I cannot live view in chrome.

To get round this I installed ivms4200 and set up hikconnect. It seems after a period of time I get logged out and have to click the cloud icon at the top to log back in again. I don't have enter anything but this is still annoying.

Can anyone help with why LocalServiceComponents doesn't appear to be working ? Also can anyone help with getting ivms4200 to stay logged in to hikconnect so I don't have to click login all the time?

Reaction score
Many thanks for your replies. I already tried IE tab for chrome, but I think you have to pay a subscription for it, unless I've installed the wrong one.

I installed palemoon and it works nearly perfectly. I don't get the "deceptive site" pop up like with chrome, which is great. The only issue is the main live screen and playback camera feeds are a little offset and cover the bottom menu slightly. It's not so bad for the live view but it half obscures the controls on playback screen

Is this a known issue? I can live with it but if there is a fix that would be fantastic.

Screenshot 2023-05-14 11.22.57.png

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There might be with html/css scaling script, but i totally wouldnt pursue this nonsense to perfection.

Reaction score
After experimenting it appears the playback function does not work with palemoon.

I found a workaround. I'm sure I tried this previously, but perhaps not properly. The web interface works perfectly in MS Edge. I've read several times it doesn't, but I finally came across a post saying it did and lo and behold it does.

Last edited:

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the same problem with a Lorex system but found that using the IE enabled feature in MS EDGE has solve the problem.