Web portal froze

Bimal Thapa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dear all,

Could someone suggest me on this?

Recently I am having issue to go to playback and other features on my NVR web portal. it get froze and does not respond.

What might be causing this issue?

Thanks in adv.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s hard to give advice when you haven’t given any details on the brand of system
And the uk atm its summer so it cannot be anything to do with the temperature ;) if you can elaborate more on your problem
Some might be able to give advice

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would try to reinstall the web plugin, or check network connections :)

Bimal Thapa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It’s hard to give advice when you haven’t given any details on the brand of system
And the uk atm its summer so it cannot be anything to do with the temperature ;) if you can elaborate more on your problem
Some might be able to give advice
Hi Mark,

It's HikVision(. I meant to say that the system hangs or freeze when I try to do playback or maintenance on the web-portal. Though, I had upgraded the firmware of the NVR, cameras and also upgraded the web component. Besides that, the Network seems to be fine while testing.

NVR Model DS-9632NI-I8
NVR firmware V V4.1.50 build 180227
Encoding V V5.0 build 180211

Decoding Version: V2.2 build 180319

Thanks and Regards,
Bimal

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok it’s hikvision
So when you open internet explorer and type in the nvrs IP address
Does thelogin in page open up fairly quickly?
If it does go to maintenance and hit reboot first if you have done a firmware upgrade (did you come from firmware 3. To firmware 4 just using the web GUI ) I’m asking only because if your nvr had v3 the new v4 is suppose to be done at the nvr with a monitor hooked up so you would have needed to down loaded the firmware onto a USB stick and update from the nvr and followed the on screen instructions once the new v4 is installed any future versions can the be done via the web GUI

Bimal Thapa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok it’s hikvision
So when you open internet explorer and type in the nvrs IP address
Does thelogin in page open up fairly quickly?
If it does go to maintenance and hit reboot first if you have done a firmware upgrade (did you come from firmware 3. To firmware 4 just using the web GUI ) I’m asking only because if your nvr had v3 the new v4 is suppose to be done at the nvr with a monitor hooked up so you would have needed to down loaded the firmware onto a USB stick and update from the nvr and followed the on screen instructions once the new v4 is installed any future versions can the be done via the web GUI

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the login page opens promptly, but freezes on live view and maintenance page. Also, few times playback fails, its recording but fails to play. Did reboot couples of time and its still same.

Actually, I did upgrade via webGUI. Is that causing the issue? If so then how will I outcome over this?

Any suggestions or advice will be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have a spare monitor
If so plug that in and download the first v4 firmware onto a USB make sure you unzip this file plug the USB into the nvr
Follow the on screen instructions when you tick upgrade from USB it will load into the nvr the new GUI for the nvr you will have to set up a screen log in and some other stuff once this is completed you can upgrade the newer firmware via the web GUI

Bimal Thapa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have a spare monitor
If so plug that in and download the first v4 firmware onto a USB make sure you unzip this file plug the USB into the nvr
Follow the on screen instructions when you tick upgrade from USB it will load into the nvr the new GUI for the nvr you will have to set up a screen log in and some other stuff once this is completed you can upgrade the newer firmware via the web GUI
Thanks Marku2 for your advice. will follow up the same.

Regards,
Bimal