Web Server Refused to connect after update

damnisuck

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been having an issue that causes the web server to refuse connection after update. It appears that every time the software updates, I need to manually change the port that the web server is broadcasting on. Started on 81, then had to move to 82, 83, 84 and now 85. Each time I can change the port to a new one and it works, but if I try one of the other ports it just does refused to connect.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Go to a command prompt on your machine and type "netstat -a|findstr :81" or 82, 83, 84, 85 to see if the machine is using those ports still for some reason, you'd be looking for lines with a state of LISTENING. Your machine can only listen on a given IP: port combination once so if they are listed that would explain why you can't go back to those. If that's the case I'd look in Services to make sure you don't have duplicate Blue Iris services somehow.

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just a couple of thoughts, make sure firmware on your router (SOHO?) is up to date & also on your BI server (service), make sure the Windows firewall (or whatever security platform you use) excludes the BI . EXE so anything that executable runs / opens is allowed.