Web UI Intel HD Graphics Acceleration

eroji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having some issues with the web UI, specifically CPU utilization whenever I log into it. The cameras are configured to stream at 4K and limited decoding. Hardware acceleration is also turned on and BI is running as a service. I had to reinstall the OS on my server due to a partition resize that had corrupted it. Prior to the reinstall, my CPU utilization was very manageable. Even in web UI, which resolution set to 4K, it would hover around maybe 30%. Normal usage when accessing the server through Android app would see it around 10-15%. However, after the reinstall, and restoring the previous configuration, as soon as I log into the web UI, CPU utilization would shoot up immediately into 90s territory. Memory usage would also increase by 1GB+. Even if I exit out of the web UI, CPU and memory usage remain unchanged. I have had to restart the BI service in order to bring it back down to normal. If I don't log into the web UI, everything stay nominal.

Setup:
Xeon E3-1246 v3
Supermicro X10SAE
16GB DDR3-1600 UDIMM
4x2TB Hitachi RAID1+0
Windows Server 2016
6x Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I (H264)
Intel HD Graphics Driver 15.40.7.4279

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having some issues with the web UI, specifically CPU utilization whenever I log into it. The cameras are configured to stream at 4K and limited decoding. Hardware acceleration is also turned on and BI is running as a service. I had to reinstall the OS on my server due to a partition resize that had corrupted it. Prior to the reinstall, my CPU utilization was very manageable. Even in web UI, which resolution set to 4K, it would hover around maybe 30%. Normal usage when accessing the server through Android app would see it around 10-15%. However, after the reinstall, and restoring the previous configuration, as soon as I log into the web UI, CPU utilization would shoot up immediately into 90s territory. Memory usage would also increase by 1GB+. Even if I exit out of the web UI, CPU and memory usage remain unchanged. I have had to restart the BI service in order to bring it back down to normal. If I don't log into the web UI, everything stay nominal.

Setup:
Xeon E3-1246 v3
Supermicro X10SAE
16GB DDR3-1600 UDIMM
4x2TB Hitachi RAID1+0
Windows Server 2016
6x Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I (H264)
Intel HD Graphics Driver 15.40.7.4279
see bottom of page
Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

eroji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is the guide I followed. Which part should I focus on exactly?

eroji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok I see it. That did the trick. Thank you!