Web UI3 playback on some PC only

pepsican

n3wb
Reaction score
New Install, when I log into the web UI I only get infinite spinning icon in both Chrome and Edge (Tried resetting cookies). Thought it was the server itself until I checked another PC and it works fine on that one. Any Troubleshooting tips?

*Screenshot On left is local browser, on right is another PC via RDP.

Attachments

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
For clarity... you've tried two different machines to access UI3 of your new BI server, and only one is successful?

Ethernet or wifi access? Are they both Winblows machines?

pepsican

n3wb
Reaction score
All wired. From browser on Server itself works - another PC on same network no - VPN PC remotely connected to network works.
The Trouble PC works if I set the stream profile to jpeg, seems to be a h264 stream issue on that pc. Odd that both Chrome and Edge have the issue on that PC.

This is the issue I have on that PC: h264 not working in chrome · Issue #17 · bp2008/ui3 Not solved unfortunately, but same thing video stream can't make connection on that PC when i view network debug in chrome.

Edit: When I open Blue iris Status and look at Connections:
Working PC shows stream, when closed data stops and one min later it goes grey/inactive.

Trouble PC the server just keeps sending data to nowhere and doesn't seem to timeout for hours. Was wondering how CPU usage got as high as 70% but I probably had more than a dozen streams going to nowhere at once. The only way to force them closed is to restart the BI service or wait hours.

Edit #2: Tested from a coworkers PC (same MSP security software) and same h264 stream not connecting issue.

Edit #3: Haven't found anything blocks it, firewall is windows default, AV is Sophos. But after setting up ngrok for https and testing that locally, h264 stream works fine when https. Def some kind of security thing blocking connection.

Last edited:

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sophos Home? Try adding the IP of your BI install to the whitelist in the web filter in the dashboard on the client machine(s). I have been having the same problems as well and I added the IP there and rebooted and UI3 works again. Will have to see if it sticks.

pepsican

n3wb
Reaction score
...to the whitelist in the web filter in the dashboard on the client machine(s).
Sophos at work, managed through our MSP. Have a feeling that would fix my issue but I'd have to involve them. Easy fix for now is to just use JPEG HD locally (all Sophos infested computers) as it runs good and looks good enough. I noticed I can get h264 (non VBR) streams to work after long delay, VBR I don't get a response from the server as I noticed in the other reply.

I have ngrok setup, and if I use that secured ngrok address then those same Sophos computers that were super slow with h264, and non-working with h264 VBR now work fine with both.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sophos may be seeing the Content-Type header of the H.264 stream and thinking that is something it should scan for viruses. Or maybe it just does that with everything. H.264 streams are the only streaming requests at this point, so everything else is a relatively short-lived response and Sophos is able to scan those and forward them on without as much delay.

Anyway Sophos can't do that when the connection is encrypted (I mean it technically could if it installed its own trusted root certificate and played man-in-the-middle, but I guess it isn't doing that).