Web via WAN doesn't work

BlokehMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I get this error below. I have to refresh and login, and get this error again. may I know what I'm doing wrong?
1616038664100.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Your web server session isn't working. The session string exists in a browser cookie named "session" and if it gets blocked (or overwritten by other web sites running on the same host name), that could cause this behavior.

BlokehMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your web server session isn't working. The session string exists in a browser cookie named "session" and if it gets blocked (or overwritten by other web sites running on the same host name), that could cause this behavior.
but aside from the LAN web access, only this is hosted on the blueiris machine. im abit rustty on webstuff these days

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can read more about possible solutions here: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < · Issue #49 · bp2008/ui3

If this is a problem with cookies somehow, you could try turning off cookies for the address you're using to connect to Blue Iris. UI3 should be able to handle this (albeit slightly less efficiently since it won't be able to cache scripts and stuff between sessions). A bigger problem is that turning off cookies usually also turns off local storage which means UI3 won't be able to store any settings at all.

BlokehMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried this on a newly installed separate browser. And blocked cookies. I'm getting below on the very first json payload (after receiving the initial error)

{"result":"fail","session":"013827cf59683e410c2f1d2c675d7a8c","data":{"auth-exempt":false,"reason":"missing response"}}