Webcam, could use some help

Ihbond

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi there;
I would like to take a ptz and make it available to the public, using a sub stream if possible....I would like to block out some of the areas (for privacy) My intent is let the rancher in back use it for his cattle, and provide a scenic camera to the public..

Any help\configuration tips would be welcomed...

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hi there;
I would like to take a ptz and make it available to the public, using a sub stream if possible....I would like to block out some of the areas (for privacy) My intent is let the rancher in back use it for his cattle, and provide a scenic camera to the public..

Any help\configuration tips would be welcomed...
kind of hard to do that and maintain any PTZ functionality.

Scenery doesn't really need a live view, a static image is good enough. For a live view, to do it right you either have to use a pc / rpi to convert & upload to youtube live or ustream or setup an mjpeg proxy on a substream. This also requires a pretty substantial upload speed.

Some (not many) cameras have the ability to display a cropped image on a substream. The actual privacy masking applies to all streams and just blacks it out.

So if a static image will do, best solution I can think of would be to set up something that puts the camera back on a specific preset at a regular time interval calls snapshot.cgi, crops the image and uploads it somewhere.

Adding another fixed camera is also a good option.