Webcam from another PC to BI

Saxet

n3wb
Mar 24, 2015
Austin
I recently purchased a remote property where I'm only present on the weekends. I have BI and several cams including a Logitech webcam on the PC that runs BI that is set to record when I'm not there in the (mostly) unlikely case of a breakin. My wife also has an always-on PC with a webcam in her remote home office. How might I add that webcam (USB connected on a different PC) to BI on my PC? I'm not sure that even possible, and I haven't been able to find anything searching the forums that talks about how one might do that. Yea, I do realize it's just a webcam...

I recently purchased a remote property where I'm only present on the weekends. I have BI and several cams including a Logitech webcam on the PC that runs BI that is set to record when I'm not there in the (mostly) unlikely case of a breakin. My wife also has an always-on PC with a webcam in her remote home office. How might I add that webcam (USB connected on a different PC) to BI on my PC? I'm not sure that even possible, and I haven't been able to find anything searching the forums that talks about how one might do that. Yea, I do realize it's just a webcam...
I did it below in April of 2018, but it assumes BI is installed on the remote PC as well.

Last edited: