Webcamera live view quit after some time

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My new Hikvision DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY is up and go, but Live view to laptop via local ip (I am on the same broadband), quit after some time (1/2 to 1 hour) and I have to login again.
I am using the old IE (renaming BHO). I have investigated all menues but cant find any reason in camera setup. My wireless broadband is stable with no downs. Still using win 10 pro.

It could have something to do with another problem;: Login in with 192.168.x.xx the connection freeze at once (no connection) and I have to reconnect (type ip No. again) and login again. Then everything work OK.

I have tried Edge with IE addon, but the same happens there. I have also looked into my asus router but found nothing related to timeout.

I hope for help here.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I observe this with my IE11 on all my cameras. I think this is a safety feature: You are logged out after some time and have to validate yoursalf again. Use the manufacturer app for prolonged viewing.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider using VLC for viewing the camera's RTSP stream for hours on end. :cool:

In the cam's webGUI, insure RTSP is "Enabled" and "RTSP Authentication" is set to "Digest".

In VLC under "Media" => "Open Network stream", try "rtsp:/Cam-IP:554/ISAPI/streaming/channels/101" to get the main stream of the 1st channel

To include authentication in the above URL try rtsp:/<Cam-username>:<Cam-password>@Camera-IP:554/ISAPI/streaming/channels/101

If neither of the above work, try rtsp:/Cam-IP:554/Streaming/channels/101 or with authentication, rtsp:/<Cam-username>:<Cam-password>@Camera-IP:554/Streaming/channels/101

NOTE: Insure you place 2 "/" after "rtsp:", as forum software won't allow me to post 2 consecutively.

Last edited:

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you very much, TonyR.
But I may be missing something in the camera setup. I find RTSP in Network, Port. Where the RTSP port has been set to 554. There is nothing there to set enabled or RTSP autentication (set to Digest).
Where may I find these? (Have searched the whole Help). May be something with this att. pic.?

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have all Dahua and OEM Dahua cams so I'm not much help there.

Check under the 2 tabs to the right, one is "smooth streaming" and the other is "SRTP", a similar acronym. If no place is found to enable RTSP, then try the URL's with VLC as mentioned above in my post #3 if you haven't already.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi again. I consider that my quit-problem not only has to do with the camera setting, but may be my HP laptop / win 10. My other cameras also begin to quit - when I am iin summer modus - with laptop. But I shall soon check at home with my ordinary stationary computer if the same thing happens there now (but not before). Coming back after two weeks or so.