WebGui interface not loading

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

WebGui suddenly loads a blank page on chrome and also internet explorer, I cannot see the login interface.
I tried this on other computers and it is working fine. I've tried many methods, clearing cookies and cache etc.
ActiveX is enabled. Not sure if this is a javascript or adobe flash issue?

I tried using pale moon and it loaded fine. However, only problem is I cannot get it to save the username and password.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What camera model and firmware?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What camera model and firmware?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I use a variety of dahua models, have been using it for over a year now without any issues.
The web gui is the interface to log into the Dahua NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2 (firmware v4.000.0000001.1)

The computer I'm experiencing issue with runs windows 10. was working fine mid arvo, then when i tried to log in again, it would only produce a blank screen, cannot load the username and password fields.
I am able to log in web gui without any issues on my other mac computers / mobile etc.
I am able to log into web gui on the windows 10 computer if i use pale moon, therefore i suspect it's some software/extension/update issue as it doesn't work on chrome/internet explorer.
I do prefer chrome as the autofill password saved works. I cannot get it working on pale moon.

thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to delete the camera add-ons and then pull up the camera and let them reinstall.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what sort of camera add-ons are you referring to?
I'm not using any extensions/add-ons. Just pure default browser web access
Most of the Dahua cams the first time you login ask for the WebPlugin3.X to be downloaded from the camera. From time to time they mess up or a recently added camera corrupts it.

Go to IE and then TOOLS - MANAGE ADD-ONS - and then delete the Plugin Class add-ons and then open up the camera GUI and it should start working again.

1624416962545.png

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most of the Dahua cams the first time you login ask for the WebPlugin3.X to be downloaded from the camera. From time to time they mess up or a recently added camera corrupts it.

Go to IE and then TOOLS - MANAGE ADD-ONS - and then delete the Plugin Class add-ons and then open up the camera GUI and it should start working again.

View attachment 93233
thanks ! will give it a try and let you know

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

View attachment 93233
i managed to get to this screen and clicked on all add-ons, i checked the other areas.
I don't have any add-ons related to the camera like yours.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did one of your cameras or NVR update recently?

I had a similar issue when I was testing out SMD 3.0 and the early version had delayed response times, so I rolled back to the previous firmware and then I couldn't back in.

It took a factory reset of the camera and then for some strange reason only pale moon would allow me to save the user/pw. After that then IE works fine.

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did one of your cameras or NVR update recently?

I had a similar issue when I was testing out SMD 3.0 and the early version had delayed response times, so I rolled back to the previous firmware and then I couldn't back in.

It took a factory reset of the camera and then for some strange reason only pale moon would allow me to save the user/pw. After that then IE works fine.
nah haven't updated the nvr since i bought it last year. cameras were updated 6 months ago but no issues at all on other computers.
got a feeling it's to do with windows 10 or something updated in the background.