WebGUI interface of my NVR

dcaccount

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an 4108H-P Dahua NVR and I have problems connecting to its WebGUI interface.

Whenever I type its address, there is a request for a plugin but the antivirus (standard Windows defender) detects the plugin as virus and I cannot proceed.

So far I have used the standard NVR interface of the NVR connected with aa monitor but now I need to access the cameras and I would need to use the WebGUI interface.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks a lot,
Daniele

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is common with these plug-ins.

It is not a virus, rather it is whatever antivirus you are using has flagged it as a potential virus. Some programs look at the total number of users and below a certain number, it is flagged. These specialty type files/programs get false positives all the time.

You can check the file with VirusTotal , an antivirus website owned by Google that runs it thru a lot of different antivirus algorithms.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to use IE. Even though it may work in other browsers, some of the setting may not stick when using another browser.

H. Swanson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the EmpireTech NVR and S3 turret cams with the latest firmware installed. After playing around with the NVR interface, Edge renders the UI better than IE even with the plug-in installed. There are overlapping issues with IE where Edge doesn't have that issue.

With the cameras themselves, Brave seems to be the best at rendering their UI. IE won't even let me log in and Edge won't show the live video, but Brave works flawlessly even without the webplugin

Last edited:

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an 4108H-P Dahua NVR and I have problems connecting to its WebGUI interface.

Whenever I type its address, there is a request for a plugin but the antivirus (standard Windows defender) detects the plugin as virus and I cannot proceed.
Modern NVR's from Dahua (4KS2, 4KS3, I, IL, EI lines) with latest firmware can work without any plugin installed.
But there is catch - if you install plugin, web interface detect it (even in browsers which have plugin support removed like google chrome or Firefox) and use interface based on plugins.
If the plugin is not installed You have HTML5 based version web interface, which is limited (only playback of 1 or 4 cameras in the same window, a few features removed) but works without plugins.

I don't known is Your older can support playback without plugins. If You local (HDMI) interface is gray - there is chance with latest firmware. If you local interface is blue - sorry... this is very old version of firmware..

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Funny, my 4108 Amcrest connects to the GUI, without a plug in, on any browser.....of course this is the USA region version of a Dahua NVR...So not apples to apples....

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Funny, my 4108 Amcrest connects to the GUI, without a plug in, on any browser.....of course this is the USA region version of a Dahua NVR...So not apples to apples....
There were many different 4108. Digits codes line (4), how many hdd and how many channels. Generation of NVR is coded by extra letters like H, 4Ks2, I, IL, EI…

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the EmpireTech NVR and S3 turret cams with the latest firmware installed. After playing around with the NVR interface, Edge renders the UI better than IE even with the plug-in installed. There are overlapping issues with IE where Edge doesn't have that issue.

With the cameras themselves, Brave seems to be the best at rendering their UI. IE won't even let me log in and Edge won't show the live video, but Brave works flawlessly even without the webplugin
Edge works fine, until you realize there are controls that you're not seeing.... I have better luck with Edge in IE mode and Pale Moon 32

H. Swanson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Edge works fine, until you realize there are controls that you're not seeing.... I have better luck with Edge in IE mode and Pale Moon 32
I guess ignorance is bliss since I haven’t noticed anything missing yet, but I have nothing to compare it to.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You should notice on the playback screen, no snip tools.. but yeah to be honest its not a big deal. PTZ can be trickier as mentioned.