Webhooks on IFTTT to tinyCam for Wyze Pan Cams

pan2glez

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok guys. Now my question is: Can I send webhook requests to tinyCam from IFTTT? I have been trying but it is not working.

I am trying to stop an start tinyCam (v12.0.2) background service on a phone (LG X212, Android (can't remember the version)) when I am arriving home (stop service) and leaving home (start service). To trigger the events on IFTTT I am using Life360 and it seems to work firm BUT IFTTT keep reporting on Webhooks Activity this: Applet skipped, Unable to make web request. Your server returned a 401.

So, Life360 is triggering well the event but somehow webhook is failing. I know that "Your server returned a 401." is related with authentication; so maybe the webhook authentication is failing...not shure what is going on whit it.

The webhooks I am sending trough IFTTT are these:
(Supouse this:
My tinyCam public IP: 1.1.1.1
My tinyCam public Port: 01)

To shutdown tinyCam background server:
URL: https://1.1.1.1:01/param.cgi?action=update&root.BackgroundMode=off&user=admin&pwd=mypassword
Method: GET
Content Type (optional): text/plain
Body(optional): (empty, I put nothing over here)

To start tinyCam background server:
URL: https://1.1.1.1:01/param.cgi?action=update&root.BackgroundMode=on&user=admin&pwd=mypassword
Method: GET
Content Type (optional): text/plain
Body(optional): (empty, I put nothing over here)

Maybe some of you guys can give an advice?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Just double checked. Works as expected.
Maybe you have a special characters in password? It should be url encoded.

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
I never knew we can control tinycam with webhooks. Can someone pls point me to the user guide with parameters that I can play with.

vbhoj74

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alex, the example you posted triggers webhook from tinycam to IFTTT, where as in the initial post the user is sending webhooks to tinycam from IFTTT/Life360.

I would like to change the camera views by using webhooks, I do not wan't to use any 3rd party app on the android to do the same. Would love simple webhook commands that can be set to tinycam.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
View changing is not possible at the moment via HTTP command directly to web server. You can only start/stop background mode via HTTP command.
The only way at the moment is to use Tasker (automation Android app) and send HTTP command to it which can trigger UI changes in tinyCam app (tinyCam has Tasker plugin).