Webserver/cell.htm failure outside network

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When i use (cell.htm) at my house on my local network it works fine. Nevertheless, on my phone if i turn off my wifi and attempt to use ( cell.htm ) from my wan address it only works for approx. one minute and then the picture stops and it acts as if its trying to reload repeatidly every few seconds. Has anybody else run in to this problem?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You might want to read in BI's Help pages "Other Advanced Web Server Topics'" beginning on page 143 where bandwidth, quality and rate control are discussed for remote clients.

BTW, if you don't want to use the BI app, then the built-in UI3.htm is a much more efficient way to use a browser remotely than any of the legacy .htm pages.

Is it because you like the layout of cell.htm? You can achieve a similar layout by streaming a group composed of specific cameras from the web server to Chrome.
Example:
Code:
http://BI-server-IP:BI-port/mjpg/{groupname}/video.mjpg
EDIT: Kudos, @Mike , for fixing the forum s/w so we can post 2 slashes in a row! :headbang:
EDIT again: works OK after HTTP but not RTSP....que pasa?

Last edited:

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You might want to read in BI's Help pages "Other Advanced Web Server Topics'" beginning on page 143 where bandwidth, quality and rate control are discussed for remote clients.

BTW, if you don't want to use the BI app, then the built-in UI3.htm is a much more efficient way to use a browser remotely than any of the legacy .htm pages.

Is it because you like the layout of cell.htm? You can achieve a similar layout by streaming a group composed of specific cameras from the web server to Chrome.
Example:
Code:
http://BI-server-IP:BI-port/mjpg/{groupname}/video.mjpg
EDIT: Kudos, @Mike , for fixing the forum s/w so we can post 2 slashes in a row! :headbang:
EDIT again: works OK after HTTP but not RTSP....que pasa?
I am simply trying to run a simple webpage which i can add the html of a simple media player which will play a live local police scanner. I dont need all the options associated with UI3. I want to use this on my phone while i am fishing on my boat. I have done it successfully with cell.htm but for some reason after approx. 1 minute the video stops.... I have had a busy day today and probably wont get to messing with it today but i will definitely consider your suggestions in the next day or so.