WebSocketServer.exe?

H. Swanson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The problem is that I can't find any extension related to this in my browser. I know it's installed but it's not there. Yours appears as an actual browser extension you can remove?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine show up under Manage Add-ons. Yours doesn't show there?

1700893929932.png

H. Swanson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah ok, I found it I think. I disabled both of them but it doesn't let me "delete" them, only disable. Is that the case for you?
1700894207716.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine are deleted, but I also deleted them from the computer. Try that and then see if they are erased off here.

H. Swanson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine are deleted, but I also deleted them from the computer. Try that and then see if they are erased off here.
I deleted the folder before figuring out how to "remove" the plugins, so there's still showing there as disabled but without the ability to "remove". So, that's probably fine.

Do you get this message when going to the camera UI?
1700895089448.png

Last edited:

alekk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK - add me to the list of people annoyed by this! ;-)

So what exactly do you do to get rid of this message?
It pops up with Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.

I too had have webserver23450.exe in the recently created directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\webrec\Torch\5.0.412649.0 ... so I moved that aside (at the top-level), rebooted the Windoze machine, and I still get the darn popup.

I don't see any add-ons under Internet Options.
I don't see anything that jumps out at me on the Task Manager process list or under Services.

H. Swanson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The pop up never goes away when accessing the camera UI if you don’t enable their plugin.

I ended up enabling the NVR plugin because it has important features I want, but I locked it down into submission using my host firewall so it can’t “call out”. The camera UI plugin doesn’t seem to add any value that I can see.

Last edited: