Weird behavior of Dahua cams

Sammy0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I setup 4 Dahua cams last year and I intentionally chose them and not some "Ring" or "Nest" toys to have a professional solution.
What bothers me though is apparently bugs within those cams.

Over and over again they all of the sudden change their time or other things magically readjust, like IVS turns itself on for instance.

Any idea what I can do here? This is ridiculous....

Thanks so much,
Sammy

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You'll have to be specific about the individual problems you are seeing.

For example having installed between 100-200 Dahua cameras, I've not seen one that turns IVS on or off by itself...

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
4 Dahua cams last year
where did you buy them ? maybe hacked china cams ?

i have alot of problems with DST / NTP / TIME ZONE on any dahua/hikvision cam (except 5442 where they finally seems to fixed it ) ... but they only lose 1 hour time to time :D

Also the usage of gdmss/dmss can be a problem... some cameras change settings on connect with these apps... not connect with admin account might help

Sammy0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks so much and very interesting to hear what could have an effect.
The cams are from Andy and I just updated the firmware - I will see if that has an effect.
To me its just surprising that you wanna choose wisely and dont pick "ring" crap, and then you have to fight problems like "my time always changes". :)
Btw, for Data Storage I use a Synology NAS,

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the cameras isolated from the internet, totally isolated by either a VLAN or 2nd NIC with a totally different network schema in the Blue Iris machine? Are you using a time server, such as Net Time, or relying on some other method for clock synchronization?

Last edited:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks so much and very interesting to hear what could have an effect.
The cams are from Andy and I just updated the firmware - I will see if that has an effect.
To me its just surprising that you wanna choose wisely and dont pick "ring" crap, and then you have to fight problems like "my time always changes". :)
Btw, for Data Storage I use a Synology NAS,
I had a Asustor NAS that was playing with DST / NTP / TIME ZONE setting in the cameras and syncing to the NAS