weird problem my speed dome stops working in the BI desktop and loses connection but it is still working in the camera's app

Reaction score
the camera is a Hikvision DS-2DF8223I-AELW suddenly it has been losing connectivity in the BI app but when I open the Camera desktop it is still fully functioning.
I am running the latest version of BI I have rebooted the computer and updated and rebooted the BI PC. I do have another abnormality and that is when pinging the router from the pc running BI I get random single long ping times of 13-16 ms like between 15 to 15 pings and that will stop if I shutdown the desktop app.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Upload all videos to YouTube first, then share the link here. most folks don't want to download an arbitrary file. if things are taking that long from the blue iris computer to the router, you have Network problems. Make sure the cable is good between your blue iris computer and the router.

Reaction score
Upload all videos to YouTube first, then share the link here. most folks don't want to download an arbitrary file. if things are taking that long from the blue iris computer to the router, you have Network problems. Make sure the cable is good between your blue iris computer and the router.
that ping time change only happens when blue Iris is running, if I stop it the ping time is normal

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your network or a device on your network is overloading the network.
Please provided a detailed network diagram, Ip addresses, manufactures , model numbers. and connection paths, indicate wifi and hard wired devices.

What is the CPU and memory of the BI machine ?
What is the MP/Sec of the bi machine ?
How many cameras ?

A note: absolutely no video traffic should run through the router in normal operation.

Reaction score
I think I fixed it. I went to the camera's setup and disabled ONVIF and saved it, then I went to that camera in BI and scanned for the camera settings and it came back as a genetic camera, than I exited out of the camera and it saved the settings . I went to the ping command I left running and it is now at < 1ms to the router. than I went back to the camera and enabled onvif, than back to the camera in BI and rescanned it, went out and no more long ping times from that machine.

now off to my next quest and that is to find a way to use the wiper without having to go to the camera's desktop app.
is there a way to use more presets? as preset 90 is for the camera wiper