Weird sighting after security system and camera installation

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
OP was probably testing the waters... looking to reveal the weak spot(s) in their plan to install an alarm system and video recorder for someone :wow:

valleryk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did call the police department, they came to my home with a detective and were able to see the hidden camera after they connected a tv to the recorder, they had to contact the manufacturer to get into the system. which is a company called Alibi. they removed the keypad and said it was very apparent that this camera was not installed at the factory. they took all of they camera equipment that was installed for there investigation.tomorrow i will be contacting another reputable security company! This person who installed this is the same person who installed the system at my place of employment. we have had no issues with the system so i thought he would be a good person to install my personal system. not always the case! someone made a comment saying does my daughter count her underwear? not sure about that but when she washed her clothes she noticed that some thongs were missing as well as a pair of leggings. we are the only people in the house and I did not take her items of clothing.she is 17 years old by the way. the detective will contact me tomorrow after they contact the installer and I will find out what the next step will be. hopefully I will be able to get my money back and not have to deal with small claims court.

valleryk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree, I think everyone got hoodwinked from this guy. How did this perpetrator get his daughters phone # to ask about her panties? She counts her underwear?? Sure is easy to work everyone into a froth. As someone else said on this security cam forum, "if it is not on video, it did not happen".
The installer got her phone number which we provided to him because if the alarm goes off they will call myself then my daughter then the police. this is how he got the number! the call to her cell phone showed up as a blocked number. we are not positive he is the one who called her but he fucking underwear were stolen by this pig so would it surprise anyone that he would make a call like this?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just came across this and only read the first few comments, but if this is true I hope he loses everything in his life! His business, kids, wife, home, $$$ and does some jail time! I have no time for this sort of kiddy sh1t! Why the fcuk he needed to put the keyboard in your daughter’s room is only for one reason in my eyes!! :angry::angry::angry:

As a farther myself, I'm sorry to say I'd really have to think hard about me doing jail time for my actions if I found this sh1t!

valleryk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just came across this and only read the first few comments, but if this is true I hope he loses everything in his life! His business, kids, wife, home, $$$ and does some jail time! I have no time for this sort of kiddy sh1t! Why the fcuk he needed to put the keyboard in your daughter’s room is only for one reason in my eyes!! :angry::angry::angry:

As a farther myself, I'm sorry to say I'd really have to think hard about me doing jail time for my actions if I found this sh1t!
Thank You! I hope for the same thing. I requested that the keypad be installed in her room, my room, garage entry and one by the front door. reason for keypads in bedroom is because we use the motion detectors in the evening and there is a detector in the hallway that will go off if you walk out of either my room or my daughters. and there is a panic button on each of the keypads.I will be calling security companies today to have a camera free keypad installed. as a single mother It is my responsibility to protect my family. I will also be buying a hand gun today!

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank You! I hope for the same thing. I requested that the keypad be installed in her room, my room, garage entry and one by the front door. reason for keypads in bedroom is because we use the motion detectors in the evening and there is a detector in the hallway that will go off if you walk out of either my room or my daughters. and there is a panic button on each of the keypads.I will be calling security companies today to have a camera free keypad installed. as a single mother It is my responsibility to protect my family. I will also be buying a hand gun today!
I understand now why the need for them to be installed where they were... As a single Mother, you protect yourself and your own!! And get that gun! Once the new company installs the new system if you know anybody tech savy, get them to have a look once installed.

Also unless you have paid for some 3rd party monitoring service, NO installer should have access to your camera feeds, recordings, login accounts or passwords! Once they have finished the install change passwords and delete any accounts not used by you.

valleryk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will be getting the recorder back from the police and have it connected. When the detective talked to the support team from the company [Uniview] they said once I have it returned to me they will delete any information in the system and it will be like new. so I will use that and the cameras that were installed.I do have a neighbor that is tech savy and he will be here when the new system is installed. I will also have a detective look at it just to be safe. Like I mentioned I will be buying a gun this morning, already have it picked out! a Smith and Wesson 40 cal. with a box of hollow points

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Like I mentioned I will be buying a gun this morning, already have it picked out! a Smith and Wesson 40 cal. with a box of hollow points
Good for you!

Now having said that, if you have no experience or very slight experience with a handgun I highly encourage you get trained properly by a pro, and then practice with it often....that will make the difference should you ever need to use it in a life or death situation. I hope you don't ever need it for that and that hopefully all you'll ever put holes in is a paper target......just be prepared, vigilant and committed. With each day it's becoming more apparent that we need to be able and willing to defend ourselves, our family and our property.

Stay safe! God bless you, your family and God bless America! :)

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
First, let me say I'm sorry for what you are going through. I'm glad you all were paying enough attention to realize something wasn't right with this situation. I hope the police can charge this creep and that he gets jail time.

All that being said, I think I would recommend that your next installer bypass the motion detector in that hallway when the system is "armed night". Bypassing a device can be done on a device by device level, so bypassing that one detector doesn't mean the rest will stop working. Personally I don't thing there is any reason to have to disarm the alarm system to walk out of your room - especially if your daughter has to use a hall bath instead of an on-suite one.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
First, let me say I'm sorry for what you are going through. I'm glad you all were paying enough attention to realize something wasn't right with this situation. I hope the police can charge this creep and that he gets jail time.

All that being said, I think I would recommend that your next installer bypass the motion detector in that hallway when the system is "armed night". Bypassing a device can be done on a device by device level, so bypassing that one detector doesn't mean the rest will stop working. Personally I don't thing there is any reason to have to disarm the alarm system to walk out of your room - especially if your daughter has to use a hall bath instead of an on-suite one.
I agree it’s either bad planning or there’s a specific requirement. In the vast majority of time when the security system is set to stay armed motion sensors are bypassed. All perimeter windows & doors, glass break, sump, smoke / fire, flood, heat, CO, sensors remain active.

This is how so many false alarms are created which leads to fines and ultimately people not using the security system.

Planning goes a long way to secure a property which should be reflective of the real threats and daily lifestyle so the system can do its part.

As an aside 99.999999% do not have a duress code / pass phrase enabled and documented with their CS!

Do it, because given the endless daylight home invasions that can make all the difference between a 72 hour response vs 10 minutes with guns drawn!

As it pertains to duress every CS must be tested and validated to assure their verbal response is done to exactly to safe guard the client.

People have died because they didn’t react and reply normally when others were listening!

Lastly, do not mistaking programming a system with hold up vs duress and or pressing the wrong button on the keypad / panic button (burglary)!

valleryk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good for you!

Now having said that, if you have no experience or very slight experience with a handgun I highly encourage you get trained properly by a pro, and then practice with it often....that will make the difference should you ever need to use it in a life or death situation. I hope you don't ever need it for that and that hopefully all you'll ever put holes in is a paper target......just be prepared, vigilant and committed. With each day it's becoming more apparent that we need to be able and willing to defend ourselves, our family and our property.

Stay safe! God bless you, your family and God bless America! :)
I did buy the gun yesterday, I should have it within a week. there is a 3 day hold period while they do back ground checks. I have my ccw permit from another state and have a lot of shooting time under my belt, I grew up around guns and have been shooting since I was a child. my father was a military guy and we did a lot of shooting!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did buy the gun yesterday, I should have it within a week. there is a 3 day hold period while they do back ground checks. I have my ccw permit from another state and have a lot of shooting time under my belt, I grew up around guns and have been shooting since I was a child. my father was a military guy and we did a lot of shooting!
Good for you Valerie

Reaction score
So here is what you do...
Hire some beefy gangsters & bikers (10 would work) with spiked bats and some large trash bags.... start a service call with this so called 'tech' at a scheduled time when the sun goes down.....
fill in the rest yourself :)
but get it all on your new camera video so you can share it with the rest of us!

K7BEN

n3wb
Reaction score
The installer got her phone number which we provided to him because if the alarm goes off they will call myself then my daughter then the police. this is how he got the number! the call to her cell phone showed up as a blocked number. we are not positive he is the one who called her but he fucking underwear were stolen by this pig so would it surprise anyone that he would make a call like this?
Please keep in mind that despite the call being blocked, if there is a criminal investigation, it's likely the police will get a warrant to seize his phone and all of his phone records with his carrier.

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you end up getting your money back, consider installing the next system yourself. The hardest part is running the wires- which will be left behind when you rip out all the perv's equipment (no pun intended).

Installing the outside cameras is driving a few screws, same for the inside cameras. Motion sensors may be just stuck up with mounting tape. You already know where the NVR needs to sit, drop the new one there and plug all the wires back in.