Well recommend best Dahua cameras around now?

pilotg22

n3wb
Reaction score
Been out of the CCTV game for 10 years or so and looking for recomendations please.

Could anyone help me choose the best CCTV cameras currently availible? Will be installing a brand new system from scratch.

I prefer veri-focal and must have Starlight (great at night) but i don't really need all these new AI features.

Like this model IP CHFW5842H ZHE without paying for the AI features sounds good. Or can all the AI features be turned off, but then one is still paying for them.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AI features can be turned off, but add tremendously in eliminating false triggers. Most here now won't buy a camera without AI.

That camera you are looking at will struggle at night unless you have a lot of light because it is on the same sensor as the 4MP.

See this thread for the commonly recommended cameras (along with Amazon links) based on distance to IDENTIFY that represent the overall best value in terms of price and performance day and night.

The Importance of Focal Length over MP in camera selection

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Been out of the CCTV game for 10 years or so and looking for recomendations please.

Could anyone help me choose the best CCTV cameras currently availible? Will be installing a brand new system from scratch.

I prefer veri-focal and must have Starlight (great at night) but i don't really need all these new AI features.

Like this model IP CHFW5842H ZHE without paying for the AI features sounds good. Or can all the AI features be turned off, but then one is still paying for them.
If you need low light performance, many prefer a 4MP with a 1/1.8" sensor ..

FYi - posting specs here from an AI seach ..

1717613357361.png