Well there goes the neighborhood

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is a methlab that someone parked in their driveway. The guy in the car supposedly is on meth and he had been sleeping in his car in front of different houses in the neighborhood each night. He got kicked out of his house. Guess he didn't move very far.

Attachments

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't you report your suspicions? Would at least get rid of the RV if true, dispel it if not, and a visit from the police might put the guy off sleeping in his car every night. Also, is it legal for the guy to sleep in his car every night at the roadside in a residential neighbourhood?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can't you report your suspicions? Would at least get rid of the RV if true, dispel it if not, and a visit from the police might put the guy off sleeping in his car every night. Also, is it legal for the guy to sleep in his car every night at the roadside in a residential neighbourhood?
Shortly after we noticed the car moving from house to house my fiancee told me she saw police surrounding the car with guns drawn. As far as legality no idea but he has a trailer now lol.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's the original version of a Tiny House. But seriously, if someone is living in one on parked on a street, I would definitely call the police and report it.
It's not on the street it's in a driveway. Presumably his driveway.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't know about US laws but I'm pretty sure in the UK it's illegal to live in a caravan on your domestic premises. In fact I think it may be illegal to even spend a night in one. Probably down to planning laws.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't know about US laws but I'm pretty sure in the UK it's illegal to live in a caravan on your domestic premises. In fact I think it may be illegal to even spend a night in one. Probably down to planning laws.
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's legal here, as long as it's not on the street. I live in the ghetto I guess lol. It's not really bad it's just definetly not high end or HOA or anything like that.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lovely,

Now they have a generator running. Thankfully it is a couple houses down or I'd be calling the cops lol.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We have a local ordinance that says you have to park your RV/boat/whatever behind your fences. They cannot be in front for more than a week. It isn't enforced very well, but it's there.

stevejay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here in CA it's strictly illegal to live in RV meth-mobiles parked on residential streets. However, literally thousands are doing so presently. "Illegal" under the law is one thing .... getting police to actually enforce that law is quite another. Got so bad my neighbor and I had an arrangement where we rotated our cars to continuously occupy the parking spaces on the street in front of our houses so no RV could park there. Because once they are parked there, it's impossible to get rid of them. Even though it's illegal, police will not respond. One day, we collected 51 needles and syringes scattered on the street/sidewalk around a vintage Winnebago with flat tires and no license plates. They just tossed them out the window after shooting up. One guy was literally sleeping on the pavement underneath the RV!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure if "illegal" was the correct term in the UK or more "against the law". I'm not sure it's criminal. However, it is against the law to live in one on your drive as I believe it's a breach of planning and that could lead to enforcement action by a Council for it's removal.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Here in CA it's strictly illegal to live in RV meth-mobiles parked on residential streets. However, literally thousands are doing so presently. "Illegal" under the law is one thing .... getting police to actually enforce that law is quite another. Got so bad my neighbor and I had an arrangement where we rotated our cars to continuously occupy the parking spaces on the street in front of our houses so no RV could park there. Because once they are parked there, it's impossible to get rid of them. Even though it's illegal, police will not respond. One day, we collected 51 needles and syringes scattered on the street/sidewalk around a vintage Winnebago with flat tires and no license plates. They just tossed them out the window after shooting up. One guy was literally sleeping on the pavement underneath the RV!
Couldn't you get the police to raid themlooking for drugs if there's evidence of use?

Another approach in a case like that might be to report the danger from the needles to your local authority. They might just clean them up but if the problem is ongoing you could point out the danger to children and that you and the neighbours will sue if anyone gets injured. Sometimes the thought of a big lawsuit is enough to spur action. It's cheaper to pay a few employees to enforce than try and defend a multi-million dollar lawsuit for lifelong injury from Hep or HIV.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Couldn't you get the police to raid themlooking for drugs if there's evidence of use?.................
HA! Dude thats California..... our little social experiment. They dont arrest you for trivial things like drug use or being a fugitive from the Feds, ...................... but dont get caught with a plastic straw!

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
they're lucky someone hasnt taken a 3gal, leaking gas can and set it under their rv. and then someone toss a lit cigearette out their window. yeah their rv would be toast all by some random accident...

that would be terrible huh,,,

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention guys. The RV is gone as of yesterday. I also don't see any cars at that house. Hopefully they are gone for good.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Buy some Bio Hazard stickers on Amazon and put them on the door and windows...

stevejay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Couldn't you get the police to raid themlooking for drugs if there's evidence of use?

Another approach in a case like that might be to report the danger from the needles to your local authority. They might just clean them up but if the problem is ongoing you could point out the danger to children and that you and the neighbours will sue if anyone gets injured. Sometimes the thought of a big lawsuit is enough to spur action. It's cheaper to pay a few employees to enforce than try and defend a multi-million dollar lawsuit for lifelong injury from Hep or HIV.
In CA, possession of meth in amounts considered to be "for personal use" has now been reduced to a very minor misdemeanor. It's about on the level of sipping an open can of beer in public. Hard to get the cops to roll out on that. If you call 911 to report it, they will instantly dump you off to the "Non-emergency line" and I'm pretty sure that the cops never hear about those calls. The political structure here does not want enforcement against any crimes committed by vagrants. Therefore, when talking to 911 operator about illegal activity, it's critical to never use the word "homeless" nor give any specific description of the perpetrator that sounds like they may be, such as "crazy guy pushing a shopping cart" or "drug addict who lives in bushes at the end of the street," etc etc. If the operator suspects that who you're calling about is a vagrant, you'll never get any police response ...