What “I Frame Interval” option does?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t know...but your problem may be that 60fps is challenging your camera’s processing capabilities.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1. I’ve alwysa been told to have the iFrame match the frame rate...but 60fps has to be pushing the processing limits of consumer surveillance cameras.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
1 I-frame per second is a general rule of thumb and common default setting. However, with smart codecs, I-Frames are now dynamically adjusted and often as infrequent as 1 every 10 second (or 300 frames if you are streaming at 30fps) when the complexity / action of the scene is low.

Generally, I would recommend switching from CBR to VBR and turning on smart codec. Most cameras we test today work well with those settings but I, of course, cannot vouch for this specific model. If you do try those settings, I would be interested to hear how it worked.

Btw, I do wonder if slow video recording is an issue with the SD card / edge recording.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It could also be that the device attempting playback is not capable of 1080p @ 60FPS H.265. That is pretty demanding if the decoding is not hardware accelerated.

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Solved the slow recording issue. Actually it wasn’t recording, it was my media player was playing it slow some reason I couldn’t figure out. When I played the same recording directly from sd card on my ipad pro 2 with iDMSS app it played perfectly normal. Then I opened the browser on my PC and played on that as well and it was normal as well. Then I found out that it is media player classic if creating the problem while playing dav file.