What $250k gets you in Los Angeles .. oh and add taxes ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
remember to add 0.72% tax rate for property tax .. so $1800 per year in property tax to start you off ...

$250,000 3 bd 1 ba 966 sqft
12914 S Thorson Ave, Compton, CA 90221

1658959308862.png

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Who in their right mind tries to do a complete gut job without permits - especially in California? Dumbest "flipper" ever........
I’ve done it.

I essentially doubled my house size in 09. Added a large 2 stall garage, made it two stories. Put a master bed and bath up there and a second bath.
Completely gutted the second story and redid that at the same time. Siding, windows, roof etc.

2020 under the “lockdown”. I did a complete gutting of the main floor and kitchen remodel. Had contractors come in who were extremely willing to work because their jobs were considered “non essential.”

I’ve never pulled a permit. I’ve always been one who lives by it’s better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. Especially when it comes to dealing with anything that involves dealing with government.

My biggest regret was when I did the big addition the salesman who I used for the project ended up being our local tax accessor. Needless to say it didn’t take long before the taxable value of my house to go up…..

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
There is NO FORGIVENESS in Cali. Tear it out, apply, maybe someday we'll get back to you
with a sharp pencil and a pocket of red tags. Did I mention one needs to suck a55 to them too.

I was taught those lessons in Mission Viejo Ca., turning an old beauty college into an automotive bossiness.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
$249K in Anna Texas...

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
According to the government,

"That should give you a decent bump in quality of life" :facepalm:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Location, location, location. I would be interested to know the crime rate in that neighborhood.

This is what the house used to look like before the hood took everything off but the OSB and 2x4s ... ( they went for the OSB however it started to fall apart as they attempted to rip it off .. used OSB not selling well now on fleabay .. )

1659051065621.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
$249K in Anna Texas...

nice ..

Interesting it was for rent and now for sale .. hmmm .. looks like something has changed in the market ..

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably due to an influx of outsiders thus upsetting the balance or an efflux of people getting of that area :rofl: or both ways if it pertains to demographics and overall social and economic prosperity

nice ..

Interesting it was for rent and now for sale .. hmmm .. looks like something has changed in the market ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This time of year, people rush to file their taxes, and they all find that one thing in common: It's a long, hard process. With the new tax laws being implemented, it becomes especially important to understand how the process works. The first step is figuring out what you owe in taxes—and if you don't use the right tools, you might end up paying more than you should. You may have heard about the free online tax software services like *spam link removed * and H&R Block at Home that can help you fill out your taxes. Still, these services are all run through third-party companies, and your information could be sold by them.
Hi @adalbertoresi ... what does this have to do with homes in Los Angeles ?

Last edited by a moderator: