What am I doing wrong here?

Reaction score
We had some cool low clouds going last night, so I turned my PTZ to get some video for a timelapse....
I am in the console instead of the web interface since the web ui is limited to one bvr file to export a clip from.

In the console, the "convert / export" feature is greyed out....

1641477780542.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you open up the alert clip as the only video on the screen and see if that gives you the option. I think BI thinks you are trying to export all those cameras on the screen at the same time?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We had some cool low clouds going last night, so I turned my PTZ to get some video for a timelapse....
I am in the console instead of the web interface since the web ui is limited to one bvr file to export a clip from.

In the console, the "convert / export" feature is greyed out....

View attachment 114688
Is the image showing a house with a bright light a recorded video clip?

Reaction score
Can you open up the alert clip as the only video on the screen and see if that gives you the option. I think BI thinks you are trying to export all those cameras on the screen at the same time?
OK--- I double-clicked that clip.... Now I get the export menu again, but Booooo.... I am restricted to the BVR file length just like in the Web UI:

1641485469263.png

Is the image showing a house with a bright light a recorded video clip?
Yes.... that was the view I selected for my PTZ, and that IS a "clip" (all cams are recording 24/7) The timeline ONLY shows the alerts from that cam
1641485167052.png

So apparently I can't export across sequential BVR files...

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried to do the same with some clips of snow that we got the other day. Couldn't figure out how to do it within BI either. I'm sure there are other video editors that you could pull the individual files into to combine but more than I was going to bother with.

Maybe someone here will know a way to do it directly.

Reaction score
I tried to do the same with some clips of snow that we got the other day. Couldn't figure out how to do it within BI either. I'm sure there are other video editors that you could pull the individual files into to combine but more than I was going to bother with.

Maybe someone here will know a way to do it directly.
Yes--- I would LOVE to be able to export from THIS event timeline and have BI do the work in the background of reading from whatever BVR files are needed to produce the clip...

1641492347511.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Might help someone who knows this better to see it if you had time lapse in the title btw. Might edit to include.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have on that pulldown screen the "Set Start Frame" and "Set End Frame" and that will allow you to export out just the small clip you want.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm... I may have read wrong. I was thinking he's trying to create an export from more than one vs a smaller section of one.

Yes, the latter is easy as you describe.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or I misread LOL. I thought he didn't want an export of the entire BVR.

Reaction score
OP, is there anything helpful in this 2018 thread?

Ahhh.... the same limitations discussed there are still true today. There have been so many incredible upgrades to BI, I thought perhaps there was another way to skin this cat without exporting multiple clips and assembling them in a video editor. A time-lapse export that spans multiple BVR files would be an awesome thing-- for those of us who like doing time-lapse.