What are the Recommended Settings for the IPC-B5442-ZE Given the Attached Photo??

Reaction score
You should check out the following thread:

Rich.L

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Personally I use “Schedule” so that I can be more certain of when profiles change where I’m keeping the camera in color mode. When I allow a camera to go to B&W IR I usually use day/night and let the camera decide
Do you adjust your schedule regularly to account for the shift in dawn and dusk throughout the year or do you set it for the earliest time for dawn and the latest time for dusk in the entire year?

Rich.L

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I adjust 2-3 times per year, takes but a few minutes. I don’t always like when it wants to to change automatically anyway.
Thanks.

When using the Schedule in Profile Management, do you make independent settings to the Day and Night profiles or do you just use the General profile?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I will probably be pointing the camera down at some point in the near future.

My primary concern is trying to learn about the camera and figure out recommended settings.
I'm going to say to you what Bigredfish said above, your camera is too high. When you point it down you'll find all you'll record is the top of people's heads not their faces. Most perps are wise to cctv and wear baseball caps under hoodies specifically to combat cameras. Your camera needs to be around 7 foot max in order to capture faces. A bit lower is better still but at lower heights cameras are better crossed so one camera protects the other and vice versa. This stops interference from going unrecorded when they're mounted within reach.

As for the neighbour leaving his light on, at a guess maybe his Arlo doesn't produce a good nightime picture so he's using the lighting to improve it. It is annoying though both from your perspective and from a green energy perspective to have flood lights on all night.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks.

When using the Schedule in Profile Management, do you make independent settings to the Day and Night profiles or do you just use the General profile?

I use independent Day/Night exposure and image settings. Thats the whole point.

Rich.L

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should check out the following thread:

Thanks for the link, it was a good read.

Rich.L

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use independent Day/Night exposure and image settings. Thats the whole point.
Just making sure. To set the exposure, are you setting the mode to manual or do you use the shutter or gain priority?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That will depend on quite a few things and be unique to the camera, environment (light) and location.

For a start, Try leaving it all on Auto in daytime, try adjusting exposure at night to 1/60 or 1/120 then post nighttime clips here with human movement in the scene.

Rich.L

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That will depend on quite a few things and be unique to the camera, environment (light) and location.

For a start, Try leaving it all on Auto in daytime, try adjusting exposure at night to 1/60 or 1/120 then post nighttime clips here with human movement in the scene.
Unless I'm looking in the wrong spot, I don't see a way to adjust the exposure unless I set the mode to "Shutter Priority" or "Manual". Is there another spot I should be looking to adjust the exposure?

01 - Exposure Day.jpg02 - Exposure Night.jpg04 - Exposure Shutter Priority.jpg05 - Exposure Manual.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
correct

I mean leave it in Auto for the day profile and set night profile to be faster. How fast will depend on the amount of ambient light among other things.