What bullet camera and Turret camera has best detailed picture quality?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Because I'm not going to have any light issue lol! I have plans to install bright lights auto on at evening time.
Ok, you can choose not to believe us LOL, but anyone that has had a camera on a less than ideal MP/sensor ratio has proven that at night the lower MP camera on the same size sensor results in better images.

You are falling for the more MP trap.

Most here will say that 4MP is the sweet spot four surveillance cameras. Especially if you want to IDENTIFY more than 18 feet away.

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, you can choose not to believe us LOL, but anyone that has had a camera on a less than ideal MP/sensor ratio has proven that at night the lower MP camera on the same size sensor results in better images.

You are falling for the more MP trap.

Most here will say that 4MP is the sweet spot four surveillance cameras. Especially if you want to IDENTIFY more than 18 feet away.
I believe you. What ever you are advising that makes sense. I'm going to bed now and check the reviews of lower resolution cameras and discuss further if I have any questions about them. Thanks for your advice.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And for most the 5442 series represents the best overall camera.

So in your case the 5442 cameras in fixed lens, appropriate varifocal (ZE and Z4E) and a 4K for overview are your right cameras.
easy wittaj :)
There are lots of people who simply likes Full Color cameras. And they don’t see flaws.

I see that on Dahua Poland forum on Facebook. Full color 5449/5849 (higher budget) and TIOC 3xxx / full color 2xxx (lower budget) cameras are most popular models from Dahua. Especially in 8 Mpx 28 mm variant :)

people wants good color night overview image :)
They don’t understand DORI and identify at distance thing or sensor size ratio to pixel count.
And they don’t want to :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
easy wittaj :)
There are lots of people who simply likes Full Color cameras. And they don’t see flaws.

I see that on Dahua Poland forum on Facebook. Full color 5449/5849 (higher budget) and TIOC 3xxx / full color 2xxx (lower budget) cameras are most popular models from Dahua. Especially in 8 Mpx 28 mm variant :)

people wants good color night overview image :)
They don’t understand DORI and identify at distance thing or sensor ratio to pixel count.
And they don’t want to :)
Yep companies and have done good are marketing more MP is better. It is to a point, but if the sensors and firmware behind the lens aren't capable, then it is just marketing BS lol

Reaction score
Just buy 2-3 or more of the verifocal in @looney2ns last post. That will get you started, when you have them up and have spent some time with them you will be in a better position to decide if you want something different. At that point you can move them somewhere else, they won’t go to waste and won’t be obsolete for several years to come. If you plan to go the NVR route get a 16 channel minimum. You may think 8 is enough, many people on here did, myself included. It won’t be once you get started. Let us know when they’re up, if you need help setting up and dialing in there’s plenty of folks around here to help you maximize their potential.

shaun_siri

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the Tioc 2 3849's installed yesterday and after having some Eufy cams and Reolink I must say the image is super clear and the night vision is actually unreal in comparison! I've been able to read number plates about 10m away pretty comfortably at night.

I'm sure there are better options but in daytime the 8mp is real good at clarity, and I don't mind the night image. Looking online sure it could be a bit better in terms of noise but for the money I've been impressed and I think the general population would be more than happy with the outcome considering what options are out there at your local store (google, arlo etc)

On that though, I haven't seen any other cam's from Dahua on sale here that are better than the Tioc 2 unless you know where we can get them in Australia? Would you recommend another camera that I could swap in? Cheers

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
On that though, I haven't seen any other cam's from Dahua on sale here that are better than the Tioc 2 unless you know where we can get them in Australia? Would you recommend another camera that I could swap in? Cheers
Pretty much any other Dahua/Empiretech camera other than the 3849 would be better. @wittaj