What cha listening to?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok so don’t listen to this during the busy day. Wait until the quiet of the evening, make yourself a drink, then make another.
Turn down the lights, fire up a cigar, if you’re fortunate to have a good sound system or at least a pair of good headphones, all the better.
Sit back unwind, and let Mark Knopfler tell you a story..

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
You asked :). Once a week, I'll play something from Roy Clark, Gary Moore, Postmodern JukeBox (Scott Bradlee changes the genre and/or decade of songs, sampling below), or go classical with Chopin.

I love the Postmodern JukeBox. I was a 60's, 70's and early 80's guy, whose interest in modern music fizzled in the mid 80's. Give me a group of real musicians, real singers without EFX and a catchy tune and I am all in.....with the exception of 98% of country (Sorry, just can't get into it even though I have lived in the Middle Tennessee region for 35 years)

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok so don’t listen to this during the busy day. Wait until the quiet of the evening, make yourself a drink, then make another.
Turn down the lights, fire up a cigar, if you’re fortunate to have a good sound system or at least a pair of good headphones, all the better.
Sit back unwind, and let Mark Knopfler tell you a story..

+1 on the songs telling a story. Dire Straits "Sultans of Swing" is probably my all time favourite and i cant see it changing lol.

Slower and maybe not everybody's cup off tea Chris De Burg's "Spanish train". Its another atmospheric cracker with a story. Give it a try

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Since I mentioned my all time favourite song above I might as well suggest a couple of songs from 1 off my all time favourite albums.

@Cameraguy check these chaps out

Ocean Colour Scene - Moseley Shoals

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the music but the video is artistically somewhere between these 2 :D

Apologise in advance to any Steve Winwood fans

Robert Palmers video needed a choreographer that got the chicks legs dancing in sync. Still, was a great tune from the 80's. The other video was exact same stuff we saw at the Gym back in 1986. Obviously, nothing has changed except a newer generation falling for the same old "Sex Sells Lifetime Gym Memberships" scam.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
"Friday night and the lights are low......looking out for a place to go"

Well who needs a place when they got ipcamtalk :D

I had my Tidal on shuffle earlier on and here's 2 in a row. The last 1 isn't on it but just in case you're wondering where the quotes come from lol