What cha listening to?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Today's listening poses another question. Old or new?

The film soundtrack is how I initially found them many moons ago. Bonus points if your able to remember the original first time round :D

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Today's listening poses another question. Old or new?

The film soundtrack is how I initially found them many moons ago. Bonus points if your able to remember the original first time round :D

I do remember the Doors releasing their first #1 single, "Light My Fire" in 1967 because that was the year I graduated from high school.
I bought it on a 45 RPM record and for me it was the first 45 I ever owned that was STEREO!
The flip side was "The Crystal Ship".

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
The first song ( i think ) i bought was Spirit in the sky - Dr and the medics. That reminds me. The song also begs the same question. Old or new ? And more bonus points if you remember it first time round lol

The first song I remember having on what would now be called auto-repeat ( and doing my parents heads in lol ) is Queen of hearts - Juice Newton. All given below

Last edited:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
The first song ( i think ) i bought was Spirit in the sky - Dr and the medics. That reminds me. The song also begs the same question. Old or new ? And more bonus points if you remember it first time round lol

The first song I remember having on what would now be called auto-repeat ( and doing my parents heads in lol ) is Queen of hearts - Juice Newton. All given below

My vote would have to be Norman. It's the version I grew up with. Juice was hot in her day.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's two, not rock at all. I don't like that they changed the lyric for the line "let us die to make men free" in the first one but it's hard to find a better choral example than this one. In fact they got a Grammy for this rendition -

And one for the 4TH. From Super Bowl XXXIX, featuring George H.W. , Bill Clinton and a young Tom Brady (I think). Note that not one football player kneels and most are singing along -

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm listening and on the lookout for ET. NASA, are you there?

destroy-all-humans.gif

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Speaking of seagulls as of now YouTube got me listening to these chaps. I had to come back and edit this post to add that this is a cracker :(

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
She's got the perfect body composure....she's gorgeous! :facepalm:
edit: @57:00 she has a cigarette / joint in her hand. I retract my previous statement. I can't stand second hand smoking. :rofl:

Nice set of decks, luv da vibes. Anybody got the 12" for her to spin :D

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
The original is still the best

That said the guy on the banjo can play a bit. That riff is hard and Angus is a legend.
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" said griswalduk ripping off Oscar Wilde :D

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
She's got the perfect body composure....she's gorgeous! :facepalm:
edit: @57:00 she has a cigarette / joint in her hand. I retract my previous statement. I can't stand second hand smoking. :rofl:
Pardon the pun but if ya like things bouncy :D or if you go to the gym or if your doing the nightshift in Walmart and ya want to finish stocking the shelves early or all of these......here's 3 classics

Last edited: