What DDNS is available for the Dahua IPC-HFW2100

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know what DDNS service is available for the Dahua IPC-HFW2100?
I was hoping I could use No-IP.com.

Thanks...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What choices does the camera give you?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
LOL, when you click DDNS, the camera has a drop down menu. I'm asking you what choices do you have when you view them. Each camera gives you different choices.

Clipboard01.jpg

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe you don't have the camera yet? It is likely that the ones Vec pictured are the same for the camera you're considering, but I don't know for sure.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had two of the cameras and gave them to one of the guys I work with. If it is the same as post #4, than it will be ok.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not to sound rude or anything, but do you have the camera? Did you look at the list of choices? Did you even look at the picture I posted? If you did, than you would see the last choice of update period and that would have answered your question.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's not really a good idea to have a camera update DDNS. See what your router supports, that's the best place to update DDNS because without the router, you have no internet access anyway and cameras come and go, so you would not want to lose access to all your cameras because the one updating DDNS is down. Also, only one DDNS updater should be running on your network, not every camera.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe my friends router is a netgear, which only supports a paid DDNS service.

Thanks for tip on only one device should use the DDNS service.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We use a Netgear router on one site that uses the free noip.com service. Could just need a firmware update if you don't see it.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Or perhaps flash it with 3rd-party firmware to add functionality. I generally load DD-WRT if the hardware supports it.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll look into it as soon as I have access to it.

Mine at home only has the paid ddns and the firmware is updated. I have the application for NOIP that keeps the ip updated about every 4min. Then again, my ip doesn't change very often.

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Alot of times if the camera I'm using only has paid choices, than where you fill in the server IP, I enter nvrdns.com or easterndns.com, or a free ddns server. If the drop down says dyndns, and dyndns wants you to pay, just choose dyndns and than in the server IP address, enter nvrdns.com. It will go to the server IP address rather than the drop down choice. Also, if you have an NVR, use the NVR to update your IP, not the cameras, as mentioned.