What feature(s) would you like to see in Blue Iris?

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Android/IOS APP without VPN.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Simple request...
Camera settings > Video > Configure, allow the password to be viewed and blanked by a toggle vs. press n hold.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks
I tried the chrome shortcut on my phone (S8+), but When I click the shortcut it just sends it into an infinite login loop in chrome?
I put in my ID & PW and selected "Log in Automatically", it attempts to log in, showing "logging in" then it says "redirecting" and repeats itself.

Not sure the Bixby remap will work for S8...I would love to be able to do that (or just turn off the Bixby button) .
On Android at least, install the bi widget.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The ability to easily find protected files.

A way that you can see what the settings are for each camera in a list format or excel database and a way to change them globally. (I know BIT does some global changes but I'm not sure it works now with BI5 and how the camera profiles are stored. ).
Protected files easily found by proper sorting of clip window.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The ability to easily find protected files.

A way that you can see what the settings are for each camera in a list format or excel database and a way to change them globally. (I know BIT does some global changes but I'm not sure it works now with BI5 and how the camera profiles are stored. ).
See share with camera in help.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Already can be done in very 5. Read help file.
Yes correct -> icon on the left of the clips opens it and then you can +/- but there is no preview view. They are almost there.. needs to be bigger thumbnail option and preview without having to click it. I have a feeling it will be something they might do in the future.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I tried the chrome shortcut on my phone (S8+), but When I click the shortcut it just sends it into an infinite login loop in chrome?
I put in my ID & PW and selected "Log in Automatically", it attempts to log in, showing "logging in" then it says "redirecting" and repeats itself.
Bummer. i just re-tested this again and it works for me. On the Settings > Web server > Advanced > Authentication dialog I’ve got Require from: ‘Non-LAN only’ and ‘Use secure session keys...‘ checked.

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not sure the Bixby remap will work for S8
Not sure about S8 ... If you have the latest version of Tasker installed you can give it a try.
Here’s how...
1) Follow this <video> up to 1:01.
2) Download my Shared Tasker Project named ‘BI Bixby’ <here> FROM YOUR ANDROID DEVICE.
3) Run the setup task when requested.
4) Navigate to the VARS tab in the project in Tasker and edit these two variables ‘%IPandPort’ and ‘%CamName’.
5) Test by pressing your Bixby button 1x.

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've emailed him to ask for different zone colors when editing the zones. Currently the zones are all the same yellow color. When you select another zone, the zones you have created become empty yellow boxes. Depending on the current view & light levels, I find it difficult to see the zones. It would also be nice if you could maximize the window, I find it small.
Yes, please!

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ui3 has the nice preview before clicking the actual footage. This would be great to have in main Bi and ability to adjust speed and size for a quick preview (and would be great that when you click on it during preview it goes to the spot it is at). It might be too much to ask for but would make viewing clips much easier at times.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On Android at least, install the bi widget.
I didn't even think to look for a BI widget!
Unfortunately it does not appear to do anything on my S8+ :(
I selected my BI severe name, selected a functioning camera(tried several)...It just puts a black square on my screen. If I tap it, it says loading... and the spin icon then eventually just stops and stays black.
BI app ver shows 2.0.68, Android ver is 9

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd like to see some AI built into BI. So I could receive Motion \ alert recordings and triggers only upon recognition of people and\or vehicles and ignore all else, (like the dreaded shadow\sunlight changes causing triggering no matter how I configure. I have just not been able to master settings to avoid this or passing headlights causing triggers).